How can I unlock or enable sms on my SG Tab 3?

lbc90805

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I have a ROOTED Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (7 inch) from Sprint. Is there a way to enable or turn on the SMS or Phone radio features that was/is initially blocked by Sprint?

Thank you

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello,
I have a ROOTED Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (7 inch) from Sprint. Is there a way to enable or turn on the SMS or Phone radio features that was/is initially blocked by Sprint?

Thank you
Not using the sms feature as if it were your phone, i.e. same phone number. You can possibly install and use a third-party app/service such as Chomp, Handcent, Go SMS, etc. Text messages are sent over a data connection, as opposed to your cellular network as regular sms would. Same result, different service.

lbc90805

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi srkmagnus,
Thank for your response. I previously tried the other SMS apps from the Google Play Store and uninstalled them. I again tried Handcent and Go SMS and I'm still getting the "Message Not Sent" notification. I was also under the impression that I could use the third party apps to send SMS. But I'm a little surprised that I can't. :(
The company I work for has a mobile app that has SMS feature and can send and receive SMS with or without a traditional cell plan (meaning data only) on Android devices. But the app has it's own number and sms service (gateway). So for this device and issue I'm kind of at a loss.