Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have a Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100 with the following specs:

Andrioid: 4.1.2
Baseband: I1900XXMS2
Kernel Version 3.031-1156082
Build: JZO54K.I9100XWLSS

I bought the phone in 2011 and have had no problems since then. A few days ago I got the error "Unfortunately com.google.proess.gapps has stopped". I thought nothing of it until I went to download a new app today and found that even though the app said it was downloading it was not. I thought the aforementioned error may be something to do with it and so went about fixing it by the most common options listed:

Check that Downloads are not disabled
Reset all app settings
Clear caches of Google Play etc.
Uninstall all updates from Google Play

None of these worked so I tried a factory reset. This did not fix the error and now as well as that error Google Play will not open or if it does immediately crashes.

Any help fixing this would be greatly appreciated!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have a Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100 with the following specs:

Andrioid: 4.1.2
Baseband: I1900XXMS2
Kernel Version 3.031-1156082
Build: JZO54K.I9100XWLSS

I bought the phone in 2011 and have had no problems since then. A few days ago I got the error "Unfortunately com.google.proess.gapps has stopped". I thought nothing of it until I went to download a new app today and found that even though the app said it was downloading it was not. I thought the aforementioned error may be something to do with it and so went about fixing it by the most common options listed:

Check that Downloads are not disabled
Reset all app settings
Clear caches of Google Play etc.
Uninstall all updates from Google Play

None of these worked so I tried a factory reset. This did not fix the error and now as well as that error Google Play will not open or if it does immediately crashes.

Any help fixing this would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the forums.
Did resetting app settings mean like this: Settings>Apps>Menu>reset app preferences?