1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Google Play error and "Unfortunately com.google.proess.gapps has stopped"

Hi everyone,

I have a Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100 with the following specs:

Andrioid: 4.1.2
    Baseband: I1900XXMS2
    Kernel Version 3.031-1156082
    Build: JZO54K.I9100XWLSS

I bought the phone in 2011 and have had no problems since then. A few days ago I got the error "Unfortunately com.google.proess.gapps has stopped". I thought nothing of it until I went to download a new app today and found that even though the app said it was downloading it was not. I thought the aforementioned error may be something to do with it and so went about fixing it by the most common options listed:

Check that Downloads are not disabled
    Reset all app settings
    Clear caches of Google Play etc.
    Uninstall all updates from Google Play

None of these worked so I tried a factory reset. This did not fix the error and now as well as that error Google Play will not open or if it does immediately crashes.

Any help fixing this would be greatly appreciated!

Global Posts
    13,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Google Play error and "Unfortunately com.google.proess.gapps has stopped"

Quote Originally Posted by Delta122 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have a Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100 with the following specs:

Andrioid: 4.1.2
    Baseband: I1900XXMS2
    Kernel Version 3.031-1156082
    Build: JZO54K.I9100XWLSS

I bought the phone in 2011 and have had no problems since then. A few days ago I got the error "Unfortunately com.google.proess.gapps has stopped". I thought nothing of it until I went to download a new app today and found that even though the app said it was downloading it was not. I thought the aforementioned error may be something to do with it and so went about fixing it by the most common options listed:

Check that Downloads are not disabled
    Reset all app settings
    Clear caches of Google Play etc.
    Uninstall all updates from Google Play

None of these worked so I tried a factory reset. This did not fix the error and now as well as that error Google Play will not open or if it does immediately crashes.

Any help fixing this would be greatly appreciated!
    Welcome to the forums.
    Did resetting app settings mean like this: Settings>Apps>Menu>reset app preferences?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Re: Google Play error and "Unfortunately com.google.proess.gapps has stopped"

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    Did resetting app settings mean like this: Settings>Apps>Menu>reset app preferences?
    Yes it did

Global Posts
    13,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Delta122 View Post
    Yes it did
    Try clearing cache in recovery? Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Hi Golfdriver97,
    Thanks for following up on this.
    I tried your suggestion by clearing the cache and did a factory reset, and just clearing the cache, unfortunately neither of which fixed the problem.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Hi Golfdriver97,
    Thanks for following up on this.
    I tried your suggestion by clearing the cache and did a factory reset, and just clearing the cache, unfortunately neither of which fixed the problem.

Global Posts
    13,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

I don't know what else to suggest. Sorry.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app