Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By volluzphotodotcom
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs up Unfortunately, Touchwiz Home Has Stopped [SOLVED]

"Unfortunately, Touchwiz home has stopped" I was really annoyed by this error while using Samsung galaxy series. First it get unresponsive then a popup message will displays that error and it gets stopped and then it will get restart, Grrrrr!!! Learn how to get rid of this error.

Unfortunately, Touchwiz Home Has Stopped [SOLVED]-unfortunately-touchwiz-home-has-stopped-solved-problogbooster.jpg
    Unfortunately Touchwiz home has stopped solved

Mostly for android OS this happens when you trying to switch from an app to the HOME screen or trying to delete any of your app pages from the HOME screen or trying to close an icon folder. Lots of users are really fed up by this error and demanding for the update from Samsung officially.

Read: How to fix Unfortunately, Touchwiz home has stopped
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,779 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Unfortunately, Touchwiz Home Has Stopped [SOLVED]

You may want to try a different launcher. Perhaps Nova or Apex?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    You may want to try a different launcher. Perhaps Nova or Apex?
    I tried that also before using it... obviously it didnt worked....
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

UPDATE: it works on Samsung Galaxy S4 too...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

The problem of Touchwise is also present in Samsung Galaxy s5 as well... anyone facing?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

And Note 3 too... TESTED OK!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

any other problem facing anyone related to this?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

This is also usable to solve the error called:
    Unfortunately MyApp has stopped

I know this is a frustration for many of the samsung phones. I have the Note Edge and have been frustrated daily with "unfortunatley, Touchwiz home has stopped working". I have elated to report I have fixed it. Through many searches and attempts, this one does work and you don't have to put your phone into easy mode and loose all the great functionality. Basically you put the phone into Developer mode and turn down the animation.
    Go to Settings>About device and tap on the Build number.. 7 times. Once you've done that you'll see a pop up that says you have put your phone into Developer mode. Go back out to settings and you'll see Developer options. Tap on it and set the Window animation scale, Transition animation scale and Animator duration scale down form 1 to 0.5 or even 0. I ended up just doing 0.5. NO MORE ISSUES... for me, the only noticeable difference for me with the Note Edge is that my swipe across the edge motion isn't a rolling effect but more of a switch effect. Really... not a big deal. I also noticed everything else about my phone works fast.. switching between screens and apps. I have nothing but good things to report and I use my phone heavily for my business and in the last 24 hours... that pop up has not shown its ugly face. I did do a restart when I was done plus, after my phone reset, I went in and reset app preferences... this was something I had seen to try to fix this issue before and it did make a difference but not a lasting one. If you want to do that to, go to Settings> Applications> Application Manger then hit the menu button and select reset app preferences. Not a big deal but makes a difference. I am not a tech geek with knowledge.. I did a lot of ready and really didn't want to down load another launcher> I really think this worked because the animation settings were just to high and the "program" couldn't keep up with it. By turning down the settings everything is working great.... in fact, even better. Really hope this helps everyone else who is as frustrated with this glitch as I am. Really sad Samsung hasn't come up with an update to fix this.. other than that I love them and their smart phones.

I received the "TouchWiz" error while trying to install a widget onto a home screen. I also received the same error telling me that "MobileGo" had stopped. The settings adjustments did not make a difference on a Note 3 running 5.0. I even turned my animation scale up to 1.5, as another answer says you might turn it up. I turned it down to 0 as well. I also reset my phone by removing the battery, no change. I will look for other fixes before I install another launcher. Easy Mode didn't help since I couldn't add widgets.
    besharpone likes this.

I have had this problem with every Samsung Galaxy I have owned...S3, Note 2, Note 3, and now Note 4. I have noticed that every time that I install certain apps, this will cause Touchwiz to stop working. I have no idea what the rhyme or reason is, as far as which app causes Touchwiz to stop working.. I have done a process of elimination many times, but never have been able to isolate what app causes it. I do get tired of wiping my phone clean, then re-installing all of my apps again. I have tried all the suggestions listed in this thread before, but none has ever worked. As for using a different launcher, it just stops working too, once Touchwiz starts acting up. One other thing that I have noticed is S- Finder is my clue to knowing that Touchwiz is not going to operate properly. I have noticed that when installing apps, then re-booting the phone, first S-Finder stops, then Touchwiz stops working. Otherwise, Touchwiz works fine...until re-boot. There is obviously an inherent problem with Touchwiz that Samsung doesn't seem to want to address.