How to clear defaults on resizing an image when sending in e-mail

mr2cam

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I have a samsung galaxy note 3 and im having a slight problem. I went to send some pictures, I chose to resize them to small before sending and I accidentally clicked on "always" complete this action, was curious on how I change it so it asks me every time what size I want to send my pictures, thanks for the help in advance!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I have a samsung galaxy note 3 and im having a slight problem. I went to send some pictures, I chose to resize them to small before sending and I accidentally clicked on "always" complete this action, was curious on how I change it so it asks me every time what size I want to send my pictures, thanks for the help in advance!

dont know what app u set default but this will clear all defaults

settings-->apps-->[menu][3 dots]-->reset App preference

read the message which will tell you what else you are resetting

mr2cam

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
dont know what app u set default but this will clear all defaults

settings-->apps-->[menu][3 dots]-->reset App preference

read the message which will tell you what else you are resetting

I tried that, I believe it was in gmail, so I went to setting > General > Application manager > gmail > clear defaults (but it isn't letting me clear it, it shows "no defaults set"). I tried just about every app I could think of and im not sure which one it uses to resize pictures. Is there a way to reset all my defaults on every app?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I tried that, I believe it was in gmail, so I went to setting > General > Application manager > gmail > clear defaults (but it isn't letting me clear it, it shows "no defaults set"). I tried just about every app I could think of and im not sure which one it uses to resize pictures. Is there a way to reset all my defaults on every app?

try what i mentioned. it will clear ALL defaults

mr2cam

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
yes, under application manager.. I dont own touchwiz device so samsung might have that option in a difference.

go to settings-->Apps-->Click Menu button(physical)

Hmm I think they do have it in a different place, not seeing it anywhere

Posted via Android Central App

mr2cam

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Ok I found where to clear all the defaults and it didn't do the trick, it still doesn't ask me what size I want to send my pictures in

Posted via Android Central App

mr2cam

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Ok I finally figured it out.. I just cleared all the data on my e-mail app in the app manager, I just had to go through a setup again, thanks again for the help!

Milesb86

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Sorry I got a note 3 late in the game and just read your question. If anyone gets this problem, a much easier fix is this.
Go to the application "email" press menu button, go to "settings". Then to "composing and sending"… then to" default image size"

A-R-Z

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Milesb86, thanks a ton got your reply!!! I cant stand when everyone tells me to reset the device. I customize my phone quite a bit, and cant stand when someone says just reset it. Do any of these people own or work on cars? Do you reset or reboot your car every time you have a problem? LOL. Again MUCH thanks!!!

mr2cam, resetting my phone is NOT a solution, Milesb86's was!

Morpheus Zar

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Hallo,

it is not neccesarry to reset the whole settings of email app, it just can be found inside email app on email specific settings (not account specific ones).

br
Morhpeus

StuShef

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
For the Android email tool (white envelope with red "at" symbol):
1) Tap the email app icon to open the application;
2) Tap the context menu (at lower left near the display button at bottom) (this may be a hidden touch feature like the "return" button at the right);
3) Select "Settings";
4) Select "Composing and sending";
5) Select "Default image size";
6) Choose "Always ask" OR a preset reduction [Original, Large, Medium, Small];
7) Return to the email application via the "return" button, or maneuver as needed -- you are done.