1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default my magazine updated itself???

I'm new to android from its, and I've had no end of updates. And then I tried swiping up to have a look at my magazine. It said I needed an update for my magazine to work, so I tried to update it, but my settings were set to only update via the Google play store, and not 3rd party. So then I had another notification of an update, this wasn't a my magazine update, I selected yes and the phone rebooted, and now my magazine is working, despite me not allowing 3rd party updates. So can my magazine update via an update of the phone?

Default Re: my magazine updated itself???

Quote Originally Posted by imnewtoandroid View Post
    I'm new to android from its, and I've had no end of updates. And then I tried swiping up to have a look at my magazine. It said I needed an update for my magazine to work, so I tried to update it, but my settings were set to only update via the Google play store, and not 3rd party. So then I had another notification of an update, this wasn't a my magazine update, I selected yes and the phone rebooted, and now my magazine is working, despite me not allowing 3rd party updates. So can my magazine update via an update of the phone?
    if u have only used playstore then your update will only come from playstore. 3rd party come here at all.

is your magazine google play magazine?? the app is published to playstore so future update comes via playstore even if it came with the OS.
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: my magazine updated itself???

The magazine is flipboard. It was on the phone when it came out of the box.