- 2 Posts
Chrome Bookmarks Widget Displaying Bookmark Folder Icons?
I have the Chrome bookmarks widget on my homescreen, and the first spot is taken up by the "Mobile Bookmarks" folder (see screenshot). This is really annoying. When I first started using the widget, this was not the case, after a while it just appeared there.
Has anyone found a way to avoid this? Maybe even a way to change the order of the bookmarks?
If not, is there any way to remove the "Mobile bookmarks", "Desktop bookmarks" and "Other bookmarks" folders in Chrome so I could just have my bookmarks in one place?
I'm on a Sony Xperia Z1, Android 4.3, not rooted.
- 2 Posts
Re: Chrome Bookmarks Widget Displaying Bookmark Folder Icons?
Found a sort of a workaround, if anyone has the same problem. It's not ideal and you lose the ability to sync Chrome with your desktop, but personally I didn't really need that feature that badly anyway.
1. Open Chrome and go to Settings
2. Under Basics, click on your email address
3. On the bottom of the page, click Disconnect Google Account
Your bookmarks folder should now only contain the "Mobile bookmarks" folder. The widget doesn't display the folder anymore.
- By cobalt_mcg in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 7Last Post: 01-29-2014, 08:27 PM
- By lizard3262 in forum Droid RAZR MReplies: 2Last Post: 01-19-2014, 09:29 PM
- By Geodude074 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 01-09-2014, 11:54 PM
- By mpagano37 in forum Sprint LG G2Replies: 2Last Post: 01-09-2014, 04:13 PM
- By Dale_M in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 1Last Post: 01-09-2014, 01:09 PM