S3 Mini (GT-I8190) not booting after firmware update

coldtone26

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Urgent help is required. I tried updating the firmware with Kies after which it said successful, the phone would not boot and is stuck at the samsung splash logo.

I tried to fix it, but being a noobie, I think I made it worse. Can someone assist? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

aspot72

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Urgent help is required. I tried updating the firmware with Kies after which it said successful, the phone would not boot and is stuck at the samsung splash logo.

I tried to fix it, but being a noobie, I think I made it worse. Can someone assist? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

take out the battery (is it charged?) and gently press the battery connection pin in the phone. leave it without battery for about 2 hours. then reinsert battery and power up. sometimes after update it may take up to 15 min when phone start up.

coldtone26

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
take out the battery (is it charged?) and gently press the battery connection pin in the phone. leave it without battery for about 2 hours. then reinsert battery and power up. sometimes after update it may take up to 15 min when phone start up.

I fully charged the battery last night.

What you saying is that it would take long to reboot while showing the Samsung splash screen?

aspot72

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes it can take long time. Usually 3-5 mins,rarely 15 and VERY RARE occasion up to 30 min.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

coldtone26

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes it can take long time. Usually 3-5 mins,rarely 15 and VERY RARE occasion up to 30 min.

I'll try it now and leave it for a bit and see what happens. If no luck, what's the next step?
You must forgive me. This is my first time working with an Android.

aspot72

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
If nothing happens reflash the ROM again. This time use Emergency Recovery in KIES. Let me know how it goes...

coldtone26

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Do you have the steps for reflashing the ROM?
How would I know if it was rooted?

Another note, I remember when I clicked update OTA, it told me this was not allowed. Can't remember the exact message though

aspot72

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Do you have the steps for reflashing the ROM?
How would I know if it was rooted?

Another note, I remember when I clicked update OTA, it told me this was not allowed. Can't remember the exact message though

Why are you bothering with ROOT? Do you need it? Sent you PM, do that first and then will see...

tsinkala

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi.
Have you found a solution to this issue. I have the same problem. So far I have also tried using odin to flash ROMs to the phone but the problem still persists - the phone can't boot to home screen. Also, there seems to be no way of entering recovery mode for the international version for the S3 mini GT-I190.

Please help.
T.S.

tsinkala

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Try downloading CWM recovery. Load it via Odin. Then do a factory reset and reload firmware.

It has worked after using odin and using the CORRECT cwn. (I had tried a different version before and also manual/odin firmware upgrades to 4.1.2 ).

The good thing is that finally after using i8190_buttonenable_cwm6.0.2.7.tar from http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1759730&d=1361802048 I managed to use Volume Up + HOME + Power Button and I entered into recovery mode. I chose wiping data, but after the phone rebooted my apps I installed were still there and the firmware version was 4.1.2.

Thank you,
Trevor

Thank you,
Trevor