1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Turn lock screen completly off (4.3) - possible?

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 (rooted) running os 4.3

I trying to find a way to disable the lockscreen completly so I can use widget locker instead without having to swipe twice every time.

I have tried setting the standard lock screen to none but it still starts with the standard swipe lockscreen - I have also tried alot of different apps (noLock, no lock screen, etc) but none of them are able to disable the lockscreen.

I have also searched for solutions (here and a lot of other sites) but a lot of people suggest its a bug in os 4.3.

If anyone running os 4.3 have succesfully been able to disable the standard lock screen please share the solution.

Thanks in advance,
    Simon

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

Default Re: Turn lock screen completly off (4.3) - possible?

Quote Originally Posted by sspoulsen View Post
    Hi,

I trying to find a way to disable the lockscreen completly so I can use widget locker instead without having to swipe twice every time.

I have tried setting the standard lock screen to none but it still starts with the standard swipe lockscreen - I have also tried alot of different apps (noLock, no lock screen, etc) but none of them are able to disable the lockscreen.

I have also searched for solutions (here and a lot of other sites) but a lot of people suggest its a bug in os 4.3.

If anyone running os 4.3 have succesfully been able to disable the standard lock screen please share the solution.

Thanks in advance,
    Simon
    If you can get the app called No Lock from Play store then it will get rid of the lockscreen.

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sspoulsen View Post
    Hi,

Thanks in advance,
    Simon
    There's an app called 'no lock' in the store, that might help you.
    Proud LG G2 Owner!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the reply - but unfortunally I have already tried "no lock" (does not solve the problem)

I found an app called CM Locker that seems to be working very well for my zte valet. After that, I just went into the system settings, security, and found that the "none" option for screen lock was avaliable. I like the CM Locker better than the original version that came automatically with the phone because it shows all of my apps instead of a select group, and you can slide up to jump to the camera. I would definately recommend this app for your problems! Don't know if it is compatible with Galaxy... might need to check that first.