Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jpeglexx
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default file frustration

Okay so I transferred my files from my PC onto my external SD card. I've put the card back into the tablet. Mounted it. Gone into my file manager looked on my SD card.. No file. Alright now I've wasted an entire day trying to figure out where they are. They are on my SD card. So why does my system not see ? Where can I find them?

Default Re: file frustration

Welcome to Android Central! What brand and model of device are you using?

When using a file manager app, it is important to be aware of how the various memory areas are labelled, because the device's internal storage is often referred to as an SD card, even though it isn't removable. Does your file manager distinguish between internal storage and external SD card in plain English? Or does it say something like "/storage/emulated/0" and "/storage/emulated/1"? Or it could be something like "/storage/sdcard0" or "/storage/sdcard1." The 0's represent the internal storage, and the 1's represent the external SD card.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm on a 4.2 is tablet. I didn't know the internal was called SD as well. Its awfully confusing. Thank you so much. Thanks to that knowledge I was able to find it in my file manager and transfer it into my internal SD so the program I was trying to work with could read it. Thank you again. That was more helpful then anything I found on Google all day.
    B. Diddy likes this.

Sure thing! Here's a guide that talks a little bit more about how storage memory is organized: [GUIDE] Android Memory and How to Deal with Low Memory Warnings