- 1 Posts
Streaming Options without Internet
My issue is probably unique.
I am part owner of a 12-16 person bus. We are going to install a TV in the bus and I wanted to be able to stream Videos and YouTube to the tv.
The kicker is there will be no internet connection on the wireless network within the bus. This rules out ChromeCast because it REQUIRES internet connection. This also *should* rule out DLNA (for youtube) because i dont think many phones would allow moble data and wifi to be active at the same time (stream youtube via moble -> cast to tv over wifi). This would work for locally stored videos but thats very limiting.
Are there any other options? Only thing I can think of it making my phone a hotspot (dont wanna root or pay the monthly verizon fee...) and also want it to be universal to whoever is on the bus, not just a complicated config only my phone can do.
- 01-17-2014, 07:16 PM #2
Re: Streaming Options without Internet
Welcome to Android Central! Not sure if you'll have a good solution there. One solution I can think of would be to use an HDMI Bluetooth receiver for the TV, and attach your device via microHDMI to an HDMI Bluetooth transmitter, like this one: Amazon.com: Nyrius ARIES Prime Digital Wireless HDMI Transmitter & Receiver System for HD 1080p 3D Video Streaming, Laptops, PC, Cablebox, Satellite, Blu-ray, DVD, PS3, Xbox (NPCS549): Electronics
However, you'd need a device that has a microHDMI output, which isn't that common.
- 01-18-2014, 11:40 AM #3
- By chr1sny in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 3Last Post: 01-23-2014, 01:54 PM
- By daves221 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 01-17-2014, 07:08 AM
- By STC09 in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 3Last Post: 01-16-2014, 06:02 PM
- By Chruptak in forum HTC One M7Replies: 3Last Post: 01-16-2014, 12:29 PM
- By mht20 in forum HTC One MiniReplies: 0Last Post: 01-15-2014, 11:02 PM