Anyway I could make certain Apps stop running when I don't need them?

CeasarNY

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,
I have a note 3 with att USA. I realize that certain Apps keep running all the time. When I go to options & app manager there are always some apps that run in the background even when I'm not using them like Facebook, clean master, whatsapp, double twist, downloader pro and a few others. I stop them from running but within a few minutes they always restart by themselves. It gets very annoying. I downloaded android task manager from the play store and i've tried to auto kill these apps but it doesn't seem to work. Is there anyway I could keep these apps from running all the time when I'm not using them?
Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's just the way Android works--the OS wants to keep RAM reasonably full of open apps to make app opening or switching quicker and more efficient. Which apps remain open in RAM depends on usage patterns and code-dependent prioritization. If you keep trying to kill apps, you'll end up chasing your tail, because those apps (or others) will open again, and that will take more battery. Here's a good article explaining it in more detail: RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central