- 18 Posts
Anyway I could make certain Apps stop running when I don't need them?
I have a note 3 with att USA. I realize that certain Apps keep running all the time. When I go to options & app manager there are always some apps that run in the background even when I'm not using them like Facebook, clean master, whatsapp, double twist, downloader pro and a few others. I stop them from running but within a few minutes they always restart by themselves. It gets very annoying. I downloaded android task manager from the play store and i've tried to auto kill these apps but it doesn't seem to work. Is there anyway I could keep these apps from running all the time when I'm not using them?
Posted via Android Central App
- 01-18-2014, 01:33 AM #2
Re: Anyway I could make certain Apps stop running when I don't need them?
It's just the way Android works--the OS wants to keep RAM reasonably full of open apps to make app opening or switching quicker and more efficient. Which apps remain open in RAM depends on usage patterns and code-dependent prioritization. If you keep trying to kill apps, you'll end up chasing your tail, because those apps (or others) will open again, and that will take more battery. Here's a good article explaining it in more detail: RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central
- By djgardn2 in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 2Last Post: 03-22-2014, 10:22 PM
- By douglerner in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 11Last Post: 02-20-2014, 11:07 AM
- By mvpmit12 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 01-27-2014, 08:29 PM
- By p1800nut in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 1Last Post: 01-18-2014, 09:15 AM
- By Joep Dallas in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 01-18-2014, 12:00 AM