Fix for Your Internet Connection is Unstable error message since Android 4.3 OTA upgrade

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Same problem for me. Wiping the cache partition did nothing, but disabling mobile data has prevented the message from coming up. Surely this must give us some clues as to what's causing the error, but I'll be damned if I know what they are. Why would mobile data screw up the wifi connection? Literally the second I turn on mobile data, I get the connection unstable warning. I guess the question is whether the mobile antenna is somehow interfering with the wifi radio, or whether its a software glitch that is somehow triggered when an app tries to access the network but maybe goes through mobile data instead of wifi or something? I dunno. Frustrating to have to keep switching mobile data off and on when I leave or come back to home/office/etc

Note 3 running 4.3 by the way.

Edit: Also, I should note that I don't have any performance issues when streaming from my wifi to other devices, or packet loss when running a constant ping, etc. so I don't think its an actual performance problem with the phone, more like a software glitch.

Edit2: I'd also like to mention that if I boot into safe mode (With the device powered off, press and hold the Power button until the Samsung logo appears then release. With the logo on the screen, press and hold the Volume down button until Safe mode appears in the lower left of the screen then release.), I can leave mobile data enabled, and I no longer receive the unstable wifi notification. Not sure what this tells us.

Have you talked to Samsung about this? This makes me wonder if your phone might be defective in that there was inadequate shielding between the two antennae, or something to that effect.

Ham Ze

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
hi everyone
I have note 3 / 4.4.2
in the first time i had not this problem.. but after reset factory i get it, i Wiped cache partition and rebooted after 1 min i got it...
plz someone help me what i do?

andresmendoza35

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
The following fixed my Note 3: Go to settings, connection tab, Wi-Fi, then go to the menu and select "Advanced". Under this menu you're gonna see the second option "Passpoint", turn it on. This took care of the issue. I haven't seen the "your internet connection is unstable" in days. Hopefully, this will fix your issues as well.

Satish Vzm

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
i found a fix for this problem.
1. Enter into your modem settings by 192.168.1.1
2.Go to mac filter and enter your device mac id in allowed devices list.
the problem will be solved.

i have done this. and i am not getting that error message.

retiredpaulie

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Good day all. New member but long time lurking.
I have had this "Internet Connection is Unstable" message going on for quite a while now. I have an S4 and my wife has the Mini version and is receiving the same message.
I have done the Cache Partition wipe and thought that it solved it. In fact it was good for a day or so and then returned, ( I start my phone each day with this procedure now and its a PITA )

I finally reached out to Samsung via "contact us " and they suggested I go into the advanced settings for my WiFi connection and change it to "Static" and then change the last 3 numbers of the IP setting
(1. Go to Settings,
2. Click Wi-Fi, Long-press the desired wireless network,
3. Click Modify network.
4. Change the IP Settings from DHCP to Static.
- Take note of the IP address, and simply type the same IP again but change the last three characters to 192.
5. Click Save.

Example: If the IP address was 192.168.1.30 then change it to 192.168.1.192. )

This too seemed to work for a while but the message returned. I did this with multiple WIFI connections as well at different locations.

I reached out again to them this morning in an online chat and was told that I had to do a factory reset but only after downloading Kies3 and saving everything from the phone to there.
She stated that she was unaware of anyone else having this issue and I advised her that there were many MANY pages dealing with this issue and that I found it interesting that both my wifes phone and my phone were having this problem. Her advice was "Do Not Trust 3rd party information". ahhhh OK .

I am reluctant to do this factory reset and am convinced that it is a Samsung issue and not an Android issue as I know someone with an LG phone and has no issues like this at all.
Has anyone tried the factory reset ?
How is the Keis experience ?

P

Jun Dato

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I have tried to do the same step but unfortunately it didn't fixed the problem. When I am at home I can connect to my own wifi device but when I am here at office this is the current problem. I don't know why. Is there any fix you can suggest?

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Good day all. New member but long time lurking.
I have had this "Internet Connection is Unstable" message going on for quite a while now. I have an S4 and my wife has the Mini version and is receiving the same message.
I have done the Cache Partition wipe and thought that it solved it. In fact it was good for a day or so and then returned, ( I start my phone each day with this procedure now and its a PITA )

I finally reached out to Samsung via "contact us " and they suggested I go into the advanced settings for my WiFi connection and change it to "Static" and then change the last 3 numbers of the IP setting
(1. Go to Settings,
2. Click Wi-Fi, Long-press the desired wireless network,
3. Click Modify network.
4. Change the IP Settings from DHCP to Static.
- Take note of the IP address, and simply type the same IP again but change the last three characters to 192.
5. Click Save.

Example: If the IP address was 192.168.1.30 then change it to 192.168.1.192. )

This too seemed to work for a while but the message returned. I did this with multiple WIFI connections as well at different locations.

I reached out again to them this morning in an online chat and was told that I had to do a factory reset but only after downloading Kies3 and saving everything from the phone to there.
She stated that she was unaware of anyone else having this issue and I advised her that there were many MANY pages dealing with this issue and that I found it interesting that both my wifes phone and my phone were having this problem. Her advice was "Do Not Trust 3rd party information". ahhhh OK .

I am reluctant to do this factory reset and am convinced that it is a Samsung issue and not an Android issue as I know someone with an LG phone and has no issues like this at all.
Has anyone tried the factory reset ?
How is the Keis experience ?

P

Definitely not a Samsung issue I have an HTC one m8 and I can barely use my phone now because of issues, it started with the internet unstable message then WiFi doesn't work at all, now i have apps that freeze and crash constantly, I've tried every "fix" in the book and nothing helped ...

patiencefirst

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Ok - here is what I got --

* - wiping the cache DOES NOT WORK
* - factory reset DOES NOT WORK

what did work came from satish :

1. Enter into your modem settings by 192.168.1.1 (or go into your router configaration)
2.Go to mac filter and enter your device mac id in allowed devices list.
the problem will be solved.

To locate the MAC Address of your Android phone or Android tablet, follow these steps:
On the Home screen, tap the Menu key and go to Settings.
Scroll down and tap About Tablet then tap Status and then scroll down to view WiFi Mac address.

Now this will only work for your home address, if you have problems at work -- well, probably need to get up IT guy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay