Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Switched from ios - transfer bookmarks without a computer

I am looking to move all my bookmarks over to chrome since been using safari, need advice on how to transfer without a computer. All I have is a android phone and a ipad.

Default Re: Switched from ios - transfer bookmarks without a computer

Welcome to Android Central, and congratulations on your switch to Android!

I've never done it before, but it seems to me that transferring bookmarks should be fairly straightforward. You can read more details in the link below, but in general, on your iPad, you'll want to install the Chrome browser, and then sign into the Chrome browser using your Google sign in. Then you'll have to export your Safari bookmarks into a file, which you can then import into Chrome. Once those bookmarks are imported into Chrome, they should sync across all of your platforms, so that when you open Chrome in your Android phone, you'll see those bookmarks there.

Google Groups
    Thanked by:
    UJ95x 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Before I owned my iPhone 3GS, I owned a Motorola Droid running Android 2.1, android has come a long way. I do like a lot of games on my ipad, but prefer my prism II although I plan to save for a nexus 5. There is no way to extract bookmarks from safari on my ipad that I know of. I got rid of my computer year ago, ugh apple makes it complicated of course. I have had chrome installed on both ipad and iPhone but wasn't using it as main browser due to all bookmarks on safari I got a majority already on chrome but a lot I don't have still

Here's another article about exporting bookmarks from Safari: How to Export iPad Safari Bookmarks - Solve Your Tech

It looks like you may need a computer at some point to transfer bookmarks--maybe you could do it at a friend's, or the public library?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I'll have to see about a friend most libraries do not allow downloads or installs

Global Posts
    19,076 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Welcome to Android, and the forums!! Hope your transfers go well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here