Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By titetanium
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Storage Full

I have the Android Jellybean 4.1.2 (Samsung Galaxy Ring). I like the phone, the only problem is, it only has almost 2GB internal storage. I have deleted all of the apps I downloaded onto the phone and yet it still says that it is taking up almost all of my internal storage. Since my storage is almost full, it will not let me access my photo gallery and all of my other apps keep freezing or becoming unresponsive. I tried to backup and restore my phone but I have no idea what the password is. Is there anyway I can get all of the internal storage cleared?

Global Posts
    18,486 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Storage Full

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa B1 View Post
    I have the Android Jellybean 4.1.2 (Samsung Galaxy Ring). I like the phone, the only problem is, it only has almost 2GB internal storage. I have deleted all of the apps I downloaded onto the phone and yet it still says that it is taking up almost all of my internal storage. Since my storage is almost full, it will not let me access my photo gallery and all of my other apps keep freezing or becoming unresponsive. I tried to backup and restore my phone but I have no idea what the password is. Is there anyway I can get all of the internal storage cleared?
    Welcome to the forums.
    Look over this guide written by a fellow Ambassador: [GUIDE] Android Memory and How to Deal with Low Memory Warnings

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: Storage Full

Lesser known option:
    1) download terminal emultator from Google play.
    2) open terminal, type logcat -c then enter
    3) type exit to close terminal, try to install an app, you should have some of your storage space back.

Also, have you tried clearing the cache via fastboot/recovery?
    Golfdriver97 likes this.