- 2 Posts
Help?!! Status Bar crashed?
I have an Alcatel One Touch S'Pop (4030A), running 4.1 Jellybean.
One dat I was using an app called "super statusbar" which changes the style of the
status/notification bar. I was busy with the app, but the battery dies, so the phone shut down. After that I charged the phone and after it
was charged, I turned it on. I saw a message
"com.google.system ui not responding" force close. Since then the notification bar
has disappeared ... Also tried factory reset, nothing
worked. Also "recent apps" isn't working. The phone
is useless now.
What can I do to fix this?
Please help... Thanks
- 01-27-2014, 01:45 PM #2
Re: Help?!! Status Bar crashed?
Welcome to Android Central! When you did the factory reset, do you know if you had the setting on that automatically restores all of your apps, under Settings>Backup & Restore? It's possible that Super Statusbar got reinstalled automatically, and then caused the glitch.
See if you can boot into Safe Mode, which disables all 3rd party apps, and can help troubleshoot if the problem is an app you installed, or if it's a system problem. I didn't find instructions for Safe Mode for you particular phone, but on another Alcatel phone, the steps were:
1. Press and hold the Power button until the Power Off menu appears.
2. Press and hold the Power Off selection until a dialog box comes up asking if you want to reboot into Safe Mode.
3. Select Yes.
4. To get out of Safe Mode, simply reboot the phone as you normally would.
- By ac_rod3 in forum HTC One SReplies: 1Last Post: 02-02-2014, 11:49 AM
- By Gerard Jr in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 6Last Post: 01-30-2014, 09:51 PM
- By Vini Watt in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 01-30-2014, 05:04 PM
- By MrAppleman in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 3Last Post: 01-27-2014, 05:25 PM
- By buffee in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 01-26-2014, 10:36 PM