Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help With Factory Resetting My Phone

Hello There,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Pocket Duos phone and its android OS is Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. I'm having trouble with my phone wether I'll factory reset it or not because I just bought my phone last 4 months and it has built in apps now my phone lags because of the apps and files and my question is "If I factory reset my phone would the built in apps and the files in my SD Card will be erased?"

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Help With Factory Resetting My Phone

Built in apps? Anything that comes stock on the device is usually not transferable to an SD location. I say usually because I've not seen one that can be moved but that's not to say another carrier wouldn't do things differently. That being said your SD shouldn't be touched during a FR, however data for your apps, i.e. user names, passwords, settings, game saves and the like will be lost weather on the SD or internal memory. Unless your are rooted. You'll lose it all to root, but after you root you'll be able to do a real backup that includes all of the things I mentioned you would loose.

Your apps from Google Play will be saved at Google Play, your contacts should be backed up to Google or your carriers service if one is provided, and your pics, vids, and other saved items on your SD shouldn't be touched as long as you do not choose to wipe memory when you FR. If you're concerned there are a multitude of apps at GP to do backups. MyBackUp Pro is a good one I've used. It's a paid app but offers a trial that should get you through one FR.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.