Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HELP! Phone is stuck at "Firmware Upgrade Issue"

Sorry if this was posted before. I've tried reading a few relating to the problem but I can't seem to get the handle of it. I am using Samsung Galaxy S3, model GT-I9300. So I accidentally deleted a huge file in my phone earlier and I was trying to recover the file by rooting the phone and using this apps called DiskDigger. I obviously made a huge mistake as I have now made it worse. Long story short, I've used tips from multiple websites and youtube videos so now my phone is basically forever showing this right now HELP! Phone is stuck at "Firmware Upgrade Issue"-firmware-upgrade-error.png

After reading a few threat, some people suggested to hold the volume down + home + power but this made no difference. I can't switch it off, it will blank out for 3 sec and go back to saying "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again". I installed Kies but the device will not connect to my laptop for some reason. I have uninstall and reinstall Keis a few times. I've tried every single USB port on my laptop and even the extended USB port but none of them work too. I used my sister's android for Kies and it's working fine, so the problem is my phone.

I have already downloaded ODIN 3.07. I read in one of the thread that I have to put in a .tar file. Another person had the same problem as me (Stuck with 'Firmware Upgrade Issue') and it seemed to be working for him but I don't know what the .tar file is. Can someone please help me?

I was so dumb to do think I could do this on my own but at the time I was desperate to get my deleted file back. Right now I don't care if that file is gone, I just hope I get my phone back. is there a way to fix my phone without deleting everything on it? Thank you in advance

Global Posts
    17,648 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: HELP! Phone is stuck at "Firmware Upgrade Issue"

Quote Originally Posted by miarouge View Post
    Sorry if this was posted before. I've tried reading a few relating to the problem but I can't seem to get the handle of it. I am using Samsung Galaxy S3, model GT-I9300. So I accidentally deleted a huge file in my phone earlier and I was trying to recover the file by rooting the phone and using this apps called DiskDigger. I obviously made a huge mistake as I have now made it worse. Long story short, I've used tips from multiple websites and youtube videos so now my phone is basically forever showing this right now Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Firmware-upgrade-error.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	102590

After reading a few threat, some people suggested to hold the volume down + home + power but this made no difference. I can't switch it off, it will blank out for 3 sec and go back to saying "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again". I installed Kies but the device will not connect to my laptop for some reason. I have uninstall and reinstall Keis a few times. I've tried every single USB port on my laptop and even the extended USB port but none of them work too. I used my sister's android for Kies and it's working fine, so the problem is my phone.

I have already downloaded ODIN 3.07. I read in one of the thread that I have to put in a .tar file. Another person had the same problem as me (Stuck with 'Firmware Upgrade Issue') and it seemed to be working for him but I don't know what the .tar file is. Can someone please help me?

I was so dumb to do think I could do this on my own but at the time I was desperate to get my deleted file back. Right now I don't care if that file is gone, I just hope I get my phone back. is there a way to fix my phone without deleting everything on it? Thank you in advance

Welcome to the forums.
    Try pulling the battery for a few minutes, and try going into Download mode (Volume down+power+home) and see if that helps.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    Try pulling the battery for a few minutes, and try going into Download mode (Volume down+power+home) and see if that helps.
    I've tried that repeatedly and it doesn't work

Global Posts
    17,648 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I've tried that repeatedly and it doesn't work
    I think your only option now is to send it off for a JTAG service to unbrick your phone.
    JTAG Unbrick Service « Bricked my Phone

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I think your only option now is to send it off for a JTAG service to unbrick your phone.
    JTAG Unbrick Service « Bricked my Phone
    OMG it's not that serious is it? What about the Odin thing and firmware file people keep mentioning about? I feel so stupid right now. Its CNY holiday and the stores would be closed, is there really no other way I can temporarily fix it?

Global Posts
    17,648 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

OMG it's not that serious is it? What about the Odin thing and firmware file people keep mentioning about? I feel so stupid right now. Its CNY holiday and the stores would be closed, is there really no other way I can temporarily fix it?
    One last thing to try with Kies. Try downloading and installing drivers again. Restart the PC and try different USB ports and cables.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Phone Timeline