Anyone Else Lose Cache Memory?

Danny X-Ray

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
The only negative I've experienced from this 4.3 update is the loss of functional cache memory for a pair of image viewing apps. One is the stock gallery viewer, the other is QuickPic. They will keep their respective caches intact for a brief while ... a few moments, maybe half-an-hour ... then suddenly, it's gone, meaning they then load from scratch with all the speed of cold molasses.

Interestingly enough, a third image app I use - F-Stop Gallery Viewer - has NOT been affected by the update. Go figure ...

Sent via Cyberspace

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
The only negative I've experienced from this 4.3 update is the loss of functional cache memory for a pair of image viewing apps. One is the stock gallery viewer, the other is QuickPic. They will keep their respective caches intact for a brief while ... a few moments, maybe half-an-hour ... then suddenly, it's gone, meaning they then load from scratch with all the speed of cold molasses.

Interestingly enough, a third image app I use - F-Stop Gallery Viewer - has NOT been affected by the update. Go figure ...

Sent via Cyberspace

Yes, this bug was reported by many users, i been doing out the forum and the users keep saying that after the update some loss of application or ..... is there and the bad thing is we can't do anything about it, better to give it in the hands of the OTA update carrier .....

Danny X-Ray

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I see. Thank you. I've written to the developer of F-Stop Gallery Viewer, in an effort at understanding why their app was unaffected by this. They believe it's because their product uses its own built-in cache memory, as opposed to the phone's system. If such is true, then it would seem as though all affected developers have a solution ready at hand.

Sent via Cyberspace

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38