Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default dashclock and widgetlocker

    hi. new to the board, new to android (ex-ios). any of you use dashclock widget with widgetlocker? I want to have the dashclock to show collapsed view on my lockscreen, the one with the clock/date on the left and three notifications (battery, weather, missed calls/sms/etc) on the right. but when I add it to the lockscreen it always goes into expanded view. seems like it's a widgetlocker problem because dashclock collapsed works just fine on homescreen. any suggestions? thanks

    sent from my LG G2 with tapatalk pro
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    30,855 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,346 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: dashclock and widgetlocker

    Quote Originally Posted by m147 View Post
    hi. new to the board, new to android (ex-ios). any of you use dashclock widget with widgetlocker? I want to have the dashclock to show collapsed view on my lockscreen, the one with the clock/date on the left and three notifications (battery, weather, missed calls/sms/etc) on the right. but when I add it to the lockscreen it always goes into expanded view. seems like it's a widgetlocker problem because dashclock collapsed works just fine on homescreen. any suggestions? thanks

    sent from my LG G2 with tapatalk pro
    Welcome to the forums and Android.
    Dashclock might also depend on how much information you want to have displayed about your battery, weather, etc.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: dashclock and widgetlocker

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums and Android.
    Dashclock might also depend on how much information you want to have displayed about your battery, weather, etc.
    I tried that too. to take out all but a couple notifications but nothing do. still the same

    sent from my LG G2 with tapatalk pro
  4. #4  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    30,855 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,346 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: dashclock and widgetlocker

    Quote Originally Posted by m147 View Post
    I tried that too. to take out all but a couple notifications but nothing do. still the same

    sent from my LG G2 with tapatalk pro
    It just may be the way the app is set up, too.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: dashclock and widgetlocker

    aye might be. who knows.

    sent from my LG G2 with tapatalk pro
  6. #6  

    Default Re: dashclock and widgetlocker

    Keep searching. I know it's possible because that's how mine is set up. I've been searching and trying to figure out how I did it but haven't figured it out yet. It might be as simple as shrinking the size of the widget in WidgetLocker.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: dashclock and widgetlocker

    Quote Originally Posted by m147 View Post
    hi. new to the board, new to android (ex-ios). any of you use dashclock widget with widgetlocker? I want to have the dashclock to show collapsed view on my lockscreen, the one with the clock/date on the left and three notifications (battery, weather, missed calls/sms/etc) on the right. but when I add it to the lockscreen it always goes into expanded view. seems like it's a widgetlocker problem because dashclock collapsed works just fine on homescreen. any suggestions? thanks

    sent from my LG G2 with tapatalk pro
    Been going through the same thing with my Galaxy Note 3. The one thing I know is at play is that when you add Dashclock to Widgetlocker, it is adding the home screen widget and not the lock screen widget, which explains part of the behavior. What I believe, but can't prove, is that somehow one program is recognized by the other and thus Dashclock is forced to run in expanded mode. I noted when trying different settings that you could see for a split second Dashclock showing up in the compressed mode, but then instantly pop up to fully expanded. That, plus the number of threads when searching on this issue where people are asking for the ability to run Dashclock fully expanded withing Widgetlocker leads me to believe it is the intended method of operation rather than a bug of some sort.

    The closest I can come to what you and I seem to be looking for is to grab Better Dashclock. It's just a side version of Dashclock with additonal settings, but it should be compatible with all the different notification extensions. What you can do is add in all your extensions, and under each is a box that you check that will set the extension to "Always collapse". Then, in the Advanced menu, change the number of apps allowed to be collapsed from the default of three. You don't get the ability to pull down and see the expanded version, though that is more due to that feature being part of the lock screen version of the widget. Other downside is that Better Dashclock isn't free...

    Going to try a different locker program and see if I can get somewhere with it instead of WidgetLocker....if I get anywhere I'll post it here.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: dashclock and widgetlocker

    Quote Originally Posted by NoLoveForFrank View Post
    Been going through the same thing with my Galaxy Note 3. The one thing I know is at play is that when you add Dashclock to Widgetlocker, it is adding the home screen widget and not the lock screen widget, which explains part of the behavior. What I believe, but can't prove, is that somehow one program is recognized by the other and thus Dashclock is forced to run in expanded mode. I noted when trying different settings that you could see for a split second Dashclock showing up in the compressed mode, but then instantly pop up to fully expanded. That, plus the number of threads when searching on this issue where people are asking for the ability to run Dashclock fully expanded withing Widgetlocker leads me to believe it is the intended method of operation rather than a bug of some sort.

    The closest I can come to what you and I seem to be looking for is to grab Better Dashclock. It's just a side version of Dashclock with additonal settings, but it should be compatible with all the different notification extensions. What you can do is add in all your extensions, and under each is a box that you check that will set the extension to "Always collapse". Then, in the Advanced menu, change the number of apps allowed to be collapsed from the default of three. You don't get the ability to pull down and see the expanded version, though that is more due to that feature being part of the lock screen version of the widget. Other downside is that Better Dashclock isn't free...

    Going to try a different locker program and see if I can get somewhere with it instead of WidgetLocker....if I get anywhere I'll post it here.
    nice one. might try out better dashclock if it isn't too expensive. you're right it does for a quick second stay collapsed when you add it. and yes I've seen a lot of people asking for the opposite. but I also like to keep simple calender widget on the lockscreen as well for quick access to my work schedule and there's not enough space for both. I'll post here to if I try out better dashclock and it works for what we want

    sent from my LG G2 with tapatalk pro
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: dashclock and widgetlocker

    Quote Originally Posted by garublador View Post
    Keep searching. I know it's possible because that's how mine is set up. I've been searching and trying to figure out how I did it but haven't figured it out yet. It might be as simple as shrinking the size of the widget in WidgetLocker.
    Do you mean yours is set up collapsed on the lockscreen with widgetlocker or just normal lockscreen? I had it set up like that on the android lockscreen but I do want more than one widget on the primary lock screen floor the calender widget. well we'll see.

    sent from my LG G2 with tapatalk pro
  10. #10  

    Default Re: dashclock and widgetlocker

    Quote Originally Posted by m147 View Post
    Do you mean yours is set up collapsed on the lockscreen with widgetlocker or just normal lockscreen? I had it set up like that on the android lockscreen but I do want more than one widget on the primary lock screen floor the calender widget. well we'll see.

    sent from my LG G2 with tapatalk pro
    With WidgetLocker. I have multiple widgets on my WidgetLocker lock screen, including a collapsed DashClock. I just don't remember how I did it.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: dashclock and widgetlocker

    hmm. Do you have better dashclock? I was able to get what I want with better dashclock

    sent from my LG G2 with tapatalk pro

Similar Threads

  1. HP Chromebook 14 and T-Mobile
    By B. Diddy in forum Chromebooks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-16-2014, 09:33 PM
  2. Switching SIM cards between S4 and Note 3
    By Prosty in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 09:01 PM
  3. I get service, and I lose it... Samsung Galaxy S3
    By achien8 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 in Canada (Bell/Telus/Rogers)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2014, 08:42 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2014, 08:11 PM

Posting Permissions