Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By patruns
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Text Message Delivery Reports

Can the report be modified, or is there an app, that can tell me when the message was sent, when it was delivered, and most importantly to me, when it was opened/accessed or read.

Global Posts
    8,952 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Text Message Delivery Reports

The stock messaging app won't tell you when it was read/opened. As far as I know, of the MMS apps, only Hangouts tells you this, but they need to have it installed as well. Same goes for IM apps like Kik or Line

Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks. I appreciate it. If it was "Delivered", then it is possible that the message was merely placed in the recipient's in-box, but that person could still claim no knowledge of it because she hadn't accessed the messaging app. I need to find a fix for this.

There is no fix for that unless both people are using the same app with such a feature.
    Pat

Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    UJ95x likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Well, crap. That sucks. THANK YOU, though.