1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default PLEASE HELP!!!! Smartphone Experts Please

I would be glad if any SmartPhone expert can answer my question.
    If a person uses Xperia E,which has 4gb internal and he has 32 gb sd card.
    He thens download a offline word office application with is 25 mb,he then type out a document in the application which is about 800kb,
    now where is the 800kb of file stored at? SD card? Or in the internal storage? The app itself is stored in internal storage as in ics
    it cannot move to sd card but perhaps the written files will be stored in sd card automatically? Please answer!!!!
    If all the written files are automatically saved in the app into the internal storage how would that be enough??!!
    A word/novel writting lover writes alot but where does all that writting is stored at? the app itself is already 25 mb,so is the 25mb itself the storage for writting,or then where is the word file stored at??

Global Posts
    13,801 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: PLEASE HELP!!!! Smartphone Experts Please

Welcome to the forums.
    I would guess the default save location is in the internal storage.
    What version of Android do you have? Settings>about device

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

4.0 ics? It's kinda funny because everyone does do office documents and I wonder why the file storage never really gave them headaches.......Have it ever bothered you that the more you write it's soon going to fill your device up? I mean everyone writes notes and memos and all that stuff but they never really thought it actually expands the space......plus all that pictures you take and all that game cache *Head explodes*

BTW since you're at it answer this,are messages stored on sd card or the sim card?
    What about the whatsapp messages then?
    Last edited by Pueofql; 02-05-2014 at 11:05 AM.

Global Posts
    13,801 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Pueofql View Post
    4.0 ics? It's kinda funny because everyone does do office documents and I wonder why the file storage never really gave them headaches.......Have it ever bothered you that the more you write it's soon going to fill your device up? I mean everyone writes notes and memos and all that stuff but they never really thought it actually expands the space......plus all that pictures you take and all that game cache *Head explodes*

BTW since you're at it answer this,are messages stored on sd card or the sim card?
    What about the whatsapp messages then?
    Messages are stored on the internal. As for your version of Android I would try disabling apps. [GUIDE] How to Disable Apps
    [GUIDE] How to Disable Apps
    Uninstall updates to apps that you don't use and that'll free up some space.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here