1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android tablet doesn't switch off.

Okay, so I have a problem with my Android Tablet (not sure if Android 4.1/4.2/4.3 but well, possibly). I wanted to use it for a bit, but it froze right when I opened the browser. I pressed the switch button, it went black and then it didn't switch on or did anything at all. After a while, it worked again, not really, but well, it showed the last thing I was doing while using it, but it was still frozen and I couldn't do anything. Now it stays like that and nothing happens. I tried pressing the switch button (together with the up/down volume), but nothing happens. It stays like that, turned on and frozen. My friend suggested me to leave it like that until the battery dies (when I was last using it, it had 40-30% battery left).
    My tablet is from a network brand (or whatever it is called), Cosmote (Cosmote MyTab) and it worked perfectly so far ): I'll take it to a service if it still stays like that, but I would avoid that, since my parents will think I did something wrong, even if I didn't!

Global Posts
    13,907 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Android tablet doesn't switch off.

Quote Originally Posted by India Levine View Post
    Okay, so I have a problem with my Android Tablet (not sure if Android 4.1/4.2/4.3 but well, possibly). I wanted to use it for a bit, but it froze right when I opened the browser. I pressed the switch button, it went black and then it didn't switch on or did anything at all. After a while, it worked again, not really, but well, it showed the last thing I was doing while using it, but it was still frozen and I couldn't do anything. Now it stays like that and nothing happens. I tried pressing the switch button (together with the up/down volume), but nothing happens. It stays like that, turned on and frozen. My friend suggested me to leave it like that until the battery dies (when I was last using it, it had 40-30% battery left).
    My tablet is from a network brand (or whatever it is called), Cosmote (Cosmote MyTab) and it worked perfectly so far ): I'll take it to a service if it still stays like that, but I would avoid that, since my parents will think I did something wrong, even if I didn't!
    Try pressing and holding the power button. That simulates a battery pull. Maybe that will help.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Android tablet doesn't switch off.

Nope, I said already it didn't work ):