Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Clipboard causing phone to reset

Hey, I was really hoping someone on here could help me with this. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and my phone recently did the 4.3 Jellybean update. Since the update, when I open my clipboard, my phone freezes and then resets. I have been searching endlessly for an answer for this but haven't been able to get anything to work. I have found the fix where people force close the test service app then reset the phone and clear the clipboard. That didn't work. So I really think that the problem with mine is that I had things locked onto the clipboard so simply pressing the clear button doesn't delete those. I know these locked items are the issue because I took a whole bunch of screenshots to fill up the whole clipboard and push out the old items. After I did this, I can scroll all the way through the clipboard until I get to the bottom where those locked items are. Before I can even see the locked items, it freezes and restarts. I'm wondering if there is a way to delete the contents of the clipboard without actually opening it. I don't want to root my phone and would prefer not to have to do a factory reset.

Global Posts
    20,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Clipboard causing phone to reset

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieM8625 View Post
    Hey, I was really hoping someone on here could help me with this. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and my phone recently did the 4.3 Jellybean update. Since the update, when I open my clipboard, my phone freezes and then resets. I have been searching endlessly for an answer for this but haven't been able to get anything to work. I have found the fix where people force close the test service app then reset the phone and clear the clipboard. That didn't work. So I really think that the problem with mine is that I had things locked onto the clipboard so simply pressing the clear button doesn't delete those. I know these locked items are the issue because I took a whole bunch of screenshots to fill up the whole clipboard and push out the old items. After I did this, I can scroll all the way through the clipboard until I get to the bottom where those locked items are. Before I can even see the locked items, it freezes and restarts. I'm wondering if there is a way to delete the contents of the clipboard without actually opening it. I don't want to root my phone and would prefer not to have to do a factory reset.
    Try rebooting into recovery and clearing cache. Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here