Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SD card problem- faulty slot?

Hey guys, i'm hoping you can help me.

I've got a tablet with Android 4.1.1. A few weeks ago it started telling me that my removable microsd card (Sandisk 32GB) was damaged so I sent the card back to the store and got a replacement.

The replacement arrived yesterday and I popped it in the tablet only to be met with the same problem. I tried the card on my girlfriends tablet and it worked fine. She took the microsd card from her phone and tried it in her tablet and that also worked fine, but when I tried it on mine, it had the same problem. So it would appear that its the slot thats faulty. Could this possibly be a software issue? If so, would doing a factory reset on my tablet sort it out? If its a hardware issue, how would I go about fixing it? Is it a costly job?

Many thanks in advance for any help- please let me know if you need any more information.

Global Posts
    22,132 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: SD card problem- faulty slot?

Quote Originally Posted by Rossotron View Post
    Hey guys, i'm hoping you can help me.

I've got a tablet with Android 4.1.1. A few weeks ago it started telling me that my removable microsd card (Sandisk 32GB) was damaged so I sent the card back to the store and got a replacement.

The replacement arrived yesterday and I popped it in the tablet only to be met with the same problem. I tried the card on my girlfriends tablet and it worked fine. She took the microsd card from her phone and tried it in her tablet and that also worked fine, but when I tried it on mine, it had the same problem. So it would appear that its the slot thats faulty. Could this possibly be a software issue? If so, would doing a factory reset on my tablet sort it out? If its a hardware issue, how would I go about fixing it? Is it a costly job?

Many thanks in advance for any help- please let me know if you need any more information.
    Welcome to the forums.
    My first guess is that it is a hardware issue. But a Reset wouldn't hurt. Back up all your stuff to your PC then give it a go.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here