Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default How to turn on and off display on a schedule

    I have an Android tablet running Jelly Bean that I have always plugged in on my desk and use as a display for a browser based dashboard. I want it to turn the display on at 8:00am and turn off at 5:00pm Monday through Friday. I can't find an app that will do this and I have tried to do it in Tasker with no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,176 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,444 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmellon View Post
    I have an Android tablet running Jelly Bean that I have always plugged in on my desk and use as a display for a browser based dashboard. I want it to turn the display on at 8:00am and turn off at 5:00pm Monday through Friday. I can't find an app that will do this and I have tried to do it in Tasker with no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks
    Welcome to Android Central
    Tasker should be able to do this. Llama is another app that lets you set up profiles.

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: How to turn on and off display on a schedule

    Thanks for your reply.

    I did spend a few hours with Tasker on this. It seems the Display, Turn On action isn't compatible with my version of Andriod. I haven't found any other Actions that would support the turn screen on or off function.

    I also checked Llama, however it isn't compatible with my device.
  4. #4  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,176 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,444 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmellon View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

    I did spend a few hours with Tasker on this. It seems the Display, Turn On action isn't compatible with my version of Andriod. I haven't found any other Actions that would support the turn screen on or off function.

    I also checked Llama, however it isn't compatible with my device.
    What tablet do you have?

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: How to turn on and off display on a schedule

    It is a Lenovo IdeaTab A1000L 7 inch tablet running Android 4.1.2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: How to turn on and off display on a schedule

    OK, I figured it out. I decided to pull the APK of Llama off of one of my other devices and installed it on the tablet manually and it was able to do exactly what I need. Thanks for suggesting Llama. I already had it on another device, but didn't think to use it for this.
  7. #7  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,176 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,444 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default Re: How to turn on and off display on a schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by jmellon View Post
    OK, I figured it out. I decided to pull the APK of Llama off of one of my other devices and installed it on the tablet manually and it was able to do exactly what I need. Thanks for suggesting Llama. I already had it on another device, but didn't think to use it for this.
    Nice! Glad you got it fixed

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. Thinking of Switching from Note 3 to Nexus 5
    By JAG21979 in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 09-30-2014, 06:08 AM
  2. What features are you looking forward to in the S5?
    By UJ95x in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-15-2014, 08:38 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-12-2014, 10:56 AM
  4. Connecting to Wifi Issue
    By Taylor McCartney in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-10-2014, 12:38 PM
  5. No voicemail notification on Virgon Canada prepaid
    By gtanner00 in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2014, 01:14 PM

Posting Permissions