Unable to copy Apps and data installed from one SDHC to another on Galaxy Note running Android 4.1.2

ajaykrnair

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
My Galaxy Note has a Samsung 32GB Micro SDHC card which has more than 70 apps and data installed on it and has been working fine. I bought a new Sandisk 32GB micro SDHC card so that I can transfer the apps and data from my Galaxy Note to the new SDHC card. I tried the following to transfer the data
1. Connected the mobile to the laptop and connected the new SDHC card with the card reader. The data copied across completely but on installing the new card on the phone, none of the apps installed previously on the SDHC card worked from the new card. The icons are there on the desktop screen on the phone with the SD symbol on each icon. On clicking the icon, we get the message "the Application is not installed".
2. After turning ON the USB debugging mode, copied all the apps to a folder on the PC from the mobile phone SD card. Inserted and formatted the new card on the phone and copied the data back from the folder to the new SDHC card installed on the phone. The result is still the same. The icons are there on the desktop screen on the phone with the SD symbol on each icon. On clicking the icon, we get the message "the Application is not installed".

Can somebody advise how can I transfer the apps and data from my old SDHC card to the new SDHC card. I had assumed it to be straight forward process but doesn't appear so in reality.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma