WiFi Choking

MVRichardson

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi...

This is a general Android question I guess. I am using an LG G2 on ATT and running Android 4.2.2. However, I have noticed this problem before with other Android phones. It just seems worse now. When I am home or anywhere that I am connected to a WiFi network, I constantly see an "up" arrow in my WiFi connection status in the notification bar. I am assuming that things like my email program, etc. upload for push and other things. The problem is that my WiFi seems to be choking and when I go to use the mobile browser, it may take forever to get to a page because the mobile phone WiFi is choking up. It makes downloading things from the Play store difficult, downloading web pages and other things difficult. Is there a way to do something about this choking? BTW, I this is not a problem with the home network although I'm sure it could be better. From what I can tell this is happening based on resources/apps competing on the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this behavior persist even after a full reboot (i.e., powering the phone completely down, then powering up again)?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
And if I understand correctly, this happens no matter what wi-fi network you're connected to, whether it be at home or in public? If it's only at home, it's still worth rebooting your router, because a device can still have a poor connection despite good connections with other devices or computers in the household.

MVRichardson

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it does happen at places other than home. I notice it there more because I do more stuff on WiFi there these days, but I have noticed it in other places.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How new is the phone? If it's pretty new, I'd ask AT&T about the problem and see if they can replace the phone, since I would wonder about some hardware problem. If they won't replace it, then it might be time to talk to LG. You could try a factory data reset first.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084