This is a general Android question I guess. I am using an LG G2 on ATT and running Android 4.2.2. However, I have noticed this problem before with other Android phones. It just seems worse now. When I am home or anywhere that I am connected to a WiFi network, I constantly see an "up" arrow in my WiFi connection status in the notification bar. I am assuming that things like my email program, etc. upload for push and other things. The problem is that my WiFi seems to be choking and when I go to use the mobile browser, it may take forever to get to a page because the mobile phone WiFi is choking up. It makes downloading things from the Play store difficult, downloading web pages and other things difficult. Is there a way to do something about this choking? BTW, I this is not a problem with the home network although I'm sure it could be better. From what I can tell this is happening based on resources/apps competing on the phone.
- 02-10-2014, 06:51 PM #2
- 02-11-2014, 03:12 AM #4
Re: WiFi Choking
And if I understand correctly, this happens no matter what wi-fi network you're connected to, whether it be at home or in public? If it's only at home, it's still worth rebooting your router, because a device can still have a poor connection despite good connections with other devices or computers in the household.
- 02-11-2014, 10:38 AM #6
- 02-11-2014, 01:03 PM #7
Re: WiFi Choking
How new is the phone? If it's pretty new, I'd ask AT&T about the problem and see if they can replace the phone, since I would wonder about some hardware problem. If they won't replace it, then it might be time to talk to LG. You could try a factory data reset first.
- By thegame161 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 02-12-2014, 09:41 PM
- By neil154 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 02-10-2014, 02:59 PM
- By Advaitom in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 02-10-2014, 03:37 AM
- By bodum02 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 02-09-2014, 01:34 PM
- By ZxWOODx19 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 02-08-2014, 03:46 PM