Battery Mystery on Samsung Galaxy S3

rzinn

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Is there anyone out there that can explain the eratic battery behavior depicted in the linked screen shot below? I would imagine the battery chart should be pretty simple: when charging, the slope goes up and to the right, when not charging it goes down and to the right. That does not seem to be what is happening on my galaxy s3. Hopefully, one of you gurus can see something that I'm not.

http://goo.gl/0GTmNp

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyone out there that can explain the eratic battery behavior depicted in the linked screen shot below? I would imagine the battery chart should be pretty simple: when charging, the slope goes up and to the right, when not charging it goes down and to the right. That does not seem to be what is happening on my galaxy s3. Hopefully, one of you gurus can see something that I'm not.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6mlduu04fxc9z16/sh01.png

Would you mind attaching the image via the forum upload feature?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

rzinn

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I should also add the following to this tech saga:
- Had about 12 months of good battery life with stock TMO configuration
- Have had 4 month battle with battery life
- Tried Battery Calibration Aps to reset the BIN file
- Tried different cables
- bought 4 new batteries - all have same crazy performance issue
- Tried wiping cache
- Tried factory reset 3 times
- eventually rooted and flashed CM 10.2 - no change!
- With rooted system and CM installed tried more aggressive monitoring/fixing apps like Greenify, ClockworkMod, Wake Lock Detector, and Root access Battery Calibration Apps.
- can take the same battery from my wife's identical phone charged to 100% and reads 9% when put in my phone.
- Considered taking the phone and a baseball bat into an empty field.
Thanks!

rzinn

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
The battery seems to get stuck around 50 percent. I noticed on the battery calibration app that it will give a readout of 48 percent or so but show 3800 millivolts which is close to what the battery is rated for. There seems to be a disconnect between the percentage calculation and the phones understanding of the maximum voltage. Anyone please help!

Posted via Android Central App