Android folder limit accessing Sd card

Perk Cartel

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi There,*I am desperate for advice. I'm using Android 4.2.1 on Galaxy note 10.1. I am travelling and photographing and have 64 folders and 6gbs of pics on a 64*gb*sd card. The last two attempts to transfer images from my camera via USB have all failed with various weirdness, like seeing the pics in folder with Gallery app once, only to have the folder completely diappear on next viewing. I have lost over 800 photos like this and I can' t find anything about a folder limit in android but see lots of similar posts with sd card problems. All fine up until I hit that limit, now my whole image recording process while travelling appears to be unreliable. Please help, anyone? Any and all suggestions on what I can try are most gratefully welcome! Anyone? Is it possible the pics are there but not viewable somehow? How can I try to fix the issue? Anyone? Please?

FutureKix

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
First, I don't believe there is a limit to how many folders or items you can have, and if there is then it's wayyyyy more than 64. It would be 16,000 or more.

What brand is the SD card? I had a SanDisk 64GB card that did the same thing you're talking about on my GS4. Turned out after months of confusion that SanDisk had a silent recall on hundreds of thousands of MicroSD cards in the 64GB range.

If it's not a folder limit and you're card isn't a SanDisk, then try using a different SD card to see if that's the issue. You can also try transferring your pictures to a different device to see if it's the camera.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes