Questions after Partitioning SD Card

jakman50

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Looking for some insight and/or answers on this one...please help if u can!! Thanks!!

Phone details:

Metro PCS LGMS769
Android v 4.1.2
ROM LGMS769e (stock)

I have finally partitioned my SD card (16GB) successfully using MiniTool Partition Wizard tool. I created two FAT 32 partions (G=11.75GB DATA and *.=2.87 APPS). I had problems when creating an EXT2 partition...Link2SD wouldn't recognize it or mount the card.

Was able to successfully mount the card after creating 2 FAT32 partitions so I went with that for now. Several questions though...

1) I was unable to actually move to SDcard using "native App2SD method" with an error telling me that App2SD not supported by my device because it has a primary external storage which is emulated from the internal storage. Instead had to link the app in order to move its files to the card. What does this mean and why can't I physically move? Also, what is actually happening when I create links?

2) Apps appeared to be on the external card afterward when I went to System/storage and reviewed space usage. I could not, however tell whether they were on the DATA or the APPS partition from File Manager OR after taking the card out and looking at it from my PC. There were a couple of l directories created (LGBackup and LOST.DIR) but all appeared to be empty. WHY?

3) After dismounting and taking the card out to explore on PC and then putting card back in the phone it was remounted automatically however all apps are now taking up space on my internal drive and external storage is completely. Also, all my home screen widget configs are empty with all listed under "APPS" utility. Can anyone explain what's going on and how to correct?

THANKS!!

ssaturne2

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
bonsoir, good evenning,you've tof know that if y ou choose FAT when you're partitionning your SD,you must choose FAT in link2SD.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon