Half-working mobile data

jazzy_noodles

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi New here...

I currently own a Samsung Galaxy Note II, Version 4.3.
Getting straight to the point, ever since I got my phone the mobile data has been playing up - working in some areas and not working in others -

It works when I use mobile data to browse internet pages: dolphin browser, google chrome, even facebook posts will load.
But when I use mobile data to play/connect to games online, watch youtube videos (or any videos for that matter via mobile data) or connect to facebook messenger, the mobile data will not work. It will keep 'loading' for hours. I left my phone loading a youtube video (via the youtube app) in the morning and came back afternoon - still loading. And I can access the youtube website via google chrome easily, search for videos easily but can't actually play them...

This half-working mobile data is quite problematic for me, but other than that I quite like my phone as it is. I don't know if this is a common or unique problem with other Android/Samsung users; I'm new to the world of phone problems and forums. I don't know what's wrong with my phone or what to do in order to rectify the problem. Any tips on how to resolve this situation will be greatly appreciated :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi New here...

I currently own a Samsung Galaxy Note II, Version 4.3.
Getting straight to the point, ever since I got my phone the mobile data has been playing up - working in some areas and not working in others -

It works when I use mobile data to browse internet pages: dolphin browser, google chrome, even facebook posts will load.
But when I use mobile data to play/connect to games online, watch youtube videos (or any videos for that matter via mobile data) or connect to facebook messenger, the mobile data will not work. It will keep 'loading' for hours. I left my phone loading a youtube video (via the youtube app) in the morning and came back afternoon - still loading. And I can access the youtube website via google chrome easily, search for videos easily but can't actually play them...

This half-working mobile data is quite problematic for me, but other than that I quite like my phone as it is. I don't know if this is a common or unique problem with other Android/Samsung users; I'm new to the world of phone problems and forums. I don't know what's wrong with my phone or what to do in order to rectify the problem. Any tips on how to resolve this situation will be greatly appreciated :)

Welcome to the forums.
What carrier do you have?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Is the device new? Have you tried taking it in for an exchange?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

jazzy_noodles

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
No I've had it for a few months now (only now that I'm quite fed up with it), and I bought it online so I'm not sure how I would go about 'returning' it...
I don't know if it's the phone that's not working or if it's just my carrier.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No I've had it for a few months now (only now that I'm quite fed up with it), and I bought it online so I'm not sure how I would go about 'returning' it...
I don't know if it's the phone that's not working or if it's just my carrier.

It may be just the carrier.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

jazzy_noodles

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I also remembered that my phone's wifi hotspot isn't working as well. It'll connect but won't actually provide wifi.

I'll see if I can change carriers. Thanks for your help :)