Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Half-working mobile data

Hi New here...

I currently own a Samsung Galaxy Note II, Version 4.3.
    Getting straight to the point, ever since I got my phone the mobile data has been playing up - working in some areas and not working in others -

It works when I use mobile data to browse internet pages: dolphin browser, google chrome, even facebook posts will load.
    But when I use mobile data to play/connect to games online, watch youtube videos (or any videos for that matter via mobile data) or connect to facebook messenger, the mobile data will not work. It will keep 'loading' for hours. I left my phone loading a youtube video (via the youtube app) in the morning and came back afternoon - still loading. And I can access the youtube website via google chrome easily, search for videos easily but can't actually play them...

This half-working mobile data is quite problematic for me, but other than that I quite like my phone as it is. I don't know if this is a common or unique problem with other Android/Samsung users; I'm new to the world of phone problems and forums. I don't know what's wrong with my phone or what to do in order to rectify the problem. Any tips on how to resolve this situation will be greatly appreciated

Global Posts
    31,339 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Half-working mobile data

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy_noodles View Post
    Hi New here...

I currently own a Samsung Galaxy Note II, Version 4.3.
    Getting straight to the point, ever since I got my phone the mobile data has been playing up - working in some areas and not working in others -

It works when I use mobile data to browse internet pages: dolphin browser, google chrome, even facebook posts will load.
    But when I use mobile data to play/connect to games online, watch youtube videos (or any videos for that matter via mobile data) or connect to facebook messenger, the mobile data will not work. It will keep 'loading' for hours. I left my phone loading a youtube video (via the youtube app) in the morning and came back afternoon - still loading. And I can access the youtube website via google chrome easily, search for videos easily but can't actually play them...

This half-working mobile data is quite problematic for me, but other than that I quite like my phone as it is. I don't know if this is a common or unique problem with other Android/Samsung users; I'm new to the world of phone problems and forums. I don't know what's wrong with my phone or what to do in order to rectify the problem. Any tips on how to resolve this situation will be greatly appreciated
    Welcome to the forums.
    What carrier do you have?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    What carrier do you have?
    Ah, stupid me, I forgot to include that too :L
    My carrier is Optus, Australia.

Global Posts
    31,339 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Is the device new? Have you tried taking it in for an exchange?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

No I've had it for a few months now (only now that I'm quite fed up with it), and I bought it online so I'm not sure how I would go about 'returning' it...
    I don't know if it's the phone that's not working or if it's just my carrier.

Global Posts
    31,339 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy_noodles View Post
    No I've had it for a few months now (only now that I'm quite fed up with it), and I bought it online so I'm not sure how I would go about 'returning' it...
    I don't know if it's the phone that's not working or if it's just my carrier.
    It may be just the carrier.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I also remembered that my phone's wifi hotspot isn't working as well. It'll connect but won't actually provide wifi.

I'll see if I can change carriers. Thanks for your help