1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Notification Help Please

Hello all and hopefully someone can help me with this most annoying problem. I have a new Prestigio dual phone PAP5300 running android 4.1.2 (Nice Phone BTW). I moved from IOS on iphone. One of the apps I loved on IOS was the reminder apps that I could set a reminder and the phone would sound an alert. No bother at all in Android I hear you say !! Problem is, any reminder app I have installed does not alert me. They are there, but they do not pop up and appear as overdue when I go into the app . I've installed Life Reminders, Any.do, Wunderlist and none of them Alert me at the appointed time. It's as though Android is somehow overriding the set task if that makes sense. Even Goole Now won't work !! It has to be something simple but for the life of me, I can't solve it.The phone is rooted but I've not put anything on as yet. Any ideas ? Thanks all

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: Notification Help Please

Quote Originally Posted by alanbk1 View Post
    Hello all and hopefully someone can help me with this most annoying problem. I have a new Prestigio dual phone PAP5300 running android 4.1.2 (Nice Phone BTW). I moved from IOS on iphone. One of the apps I loved on IOS was the reminder apps that I could set a reminder and the phone would sound an alert. No bother at all in Android I hear you say !! Problem is, any reminder app I have installed does not alert me. They are there, but they do not pop up and appear as overdue when I go into the app . I've installed Life Reminders, Any.do, Wunderlist and none of them Alert me at the appointed time. It's as though Android is somehow overriding the set task if that makes sense. Even Goole Now won't work !! It has to be something simple but for the life of me, I can't solve it.The phone is rooted but I've not put anything on as yet. Any ideas ? Thanks all
    Did the phone come with an Alarm? You could set some alarms at different times to remind you of things if other apps do not work for you.

Maybe you can try these apps as well:

: Bzzz reminders

: To do reminder

: Timely Alarm Clock
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply. None of those you suggested will work either. Very strange.

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Thanks for the reply. None of those you suggested will work either. Very strange.
    Did they not ring either?
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

No. Really annoying. Has to be something I'm missing

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

No. Really annoying. Has to be something I'm missing
    Just for clarification, is it that they don't ring at all? Or is it that they ring at the wrong times?

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

They don't ring at all

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

They don't ring at all
    Is your speaker working? Hmm, have you tried to see if some sort of vibration notification works?

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I know it's weird. The speaker works, vibrate works etc. When I go into the settings for an app I can select an alert tune etc. But, when I save them, no joy. I'm using google calender as a stop gap measure. Thanks for the reply's

Try the Google Keep app. You can add quick notes and set reminder times with it.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2

I use google calendar for reminders like that. They pop up on my phone, allow me to snooze or dismiss. They'll also pop up if I'm logged into my calendar on my computer.

I don't remember how, but several years ago I set it up on my computer to sync my outlook calendar with google, so they would pop up there too. I use my computer much less, and never use outlook for reading emails anymore so it isn't really needed for me anymore. But for someone who has outlook up all day, that is another option.