Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung galaxy s5 software question?

hi guys, as you know the Samsung galaxy s5 was revealed today. what really interests me is the new software. will the galaxy s4 be getting the 4.4 software? if so, when? because I really want the new look and the "ok google" command. so, do any of you know if the s4 will be getting the s5 software? thanks

Global Posts
    6,554 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by Trolled123 View Post
    hi guys, as you know the Samsung galaxy s5 was revealed today. what really interests me is the new software. will the galaxy s4 be getting the 4.4 software? if so, when? because I really want the new look and the "ok google" command. so, do any of you know if the s4 will be getting the s5 software? thanks
    Don't think we'll be getting all of the same features. The S4 already has KK and they didn't go with the Magazine UI. Same for the Note 3...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Samsung galaxy s5 software question?

but will the software be there like the flatter look and animations and the unlock effect, camera button, etc

Global Posts
    6,554 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: Samsung galaxy s5 software question?

Quote Originally Posted by Trolled123 View Post
    but will the software be there like the flatter look and animations and the unlock effect, camera button, etc
    I am not running official software. There are international and a few US variant S4s that are on official Kit Kat 4.4.2

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan