4.2.2 Samsung Tablet 2.0, Insufficient storage

Tikot

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
So my samsung tablet doesn't have much memory for games and what not, but i recently tried to install some game that lookup 1.1gb of space, but it couldnt download due to insufficient storage, well it still downloaded as much as it could but i cannot delete what it downloaded, this isn't my tablet and it needs to be returned in 10 hours, and i would REALLY appreciate it if i could fix it before i return it. I already 'Googled' my issue and tried to reboot/restart the device which didn't do anything, i went into Settings>Application Manager> and tried to delete said application, but it never appeared on the list, even when i did sort by size.

I deleted the cache and tried everyting i could. Can Anybody please help me with this fix. It would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say you deleted the cache, I assume you mean the app cache, is that right? Try clearing the system cache partition, which is where .apk installer files for apps are temporarily stored when downloaded from Google Play. Clearing the system cache partition will not erase any personal data or settings. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

Tikot

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
i did this and it said ERROR and rebooted my tablet, not into recovery mode but rebooted it into normal mode, and i still have the problem

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Since this isn't your tablet, I wonder if the owner may have rooted it or modified it in some way. Not sure if I can help you any further.

Tikot

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
well it was my moms tablet, i know what rooting is and i really dont think she could root the tablet herself, is there anything else i could do besides factory reset? and if i factory reset this tablet and redownload the apps she had, would her progress still be there like in her games, like candy crush, and her gambler games?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
well it was my moms tablet, i know what rooting is and i really dont think she could root the tablet herself, is there anything else i could do besides factory reset? and if i factory reset this tablet and redownload the apps she had, would her progress still be there like in her games, like candy crush, and her gambler games?

Since you mentioned the tablet wasnt rooted ,If you factory reset the tablet her progress in those games will be lost.

Edit: :I agree if data is stored in cloud about the comment B.Diddy said

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't play Candy Crush, so I don't know if the player can login and therefore have progress saved in the cloud. A factory reset will wipe all data, but some apps can restore data from the cloud upon signing back in to the tablet with the same Google account. The problem is that you just can't be sure which apps will restore that data.

If that download failed due to insufficient storage, then I don't think it should really have an impact on the rest of the device's function. If it had insufficient storage to begin with, that has more to do with what was on the tablet to begin with. A screenshot of the Settings>Storage menu might help. Also, review this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

Tikot

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
well the tablet had 1.2gb memory left to use, and the application i wanted to download needed 1.12 (dungeon hunter 4 or something) and i fell asleep while it downloaded waking up to no memory left and nothing to delete, like there was under 100mb left to play with when i woke up, im checking that guide link now, thanks for trying to help me though guys

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance