Karbonn S5 rooted

aragorn3593

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Okay now ive rooted my karbonn S5 a week ago and installed the custom rom S5_kitkat flavour... Now I wish to revert back to my stock rom... How do i do that and also while installing the rom i just made a backup in CWM. so is that enough to load the stock rom from the backup zip folder??? Or should i have made a Nandroid backup which i didnt??? Plz reply

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Okay now ive rooted my karbonn S5 a week ago and installed the custom rom S5_kitkat flavour... Now I wish to revert back to my stock rom... How do i do that and also while installing the rom i just made a backup in CWM. so is that enough to load the stock rom from the backup zip folder??? Or should i have made a Nandroid backup which i didnt??? Plz reply

Welcome to Android Central :)
What do you mean when you say you made a backup while flashing the ROM? Usually making the backups in recovery IS the nandroid backup. If you made one before flashing the stock ROM, then you can just restore that and you'll be stock, but still rooted.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

aragorn3593

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
yea thats what i meant i made a back up before flashing the the ROM which is aroung 1.5GB... Havin two .tar files,one is data and other is system.. so if i want o switch back to my previous stock rom i just have to follow the same procedure ie going in to recovery and flashing the system.tar right???

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
yea thats what i meant i made a back up before flashing the the ROM which is aroung 1.5GB... Havin two .tar files,one is data and other is system.. so if i want o switch back to my previous stock rom i just have to follow the same procedure ie going in to recovery and flashing the system.tar right???

You go into recovery and hit restore, where you select the backups you made before.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair