Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Karbonn S5 rooted

Okay now ive rooted my karbonn S5 a week ago and installed the custom rom S5_kitkat flavour... Now I wish to revert back to my stock rom... How do i do that and also while installing the rom i just made a backup in CWM. so is that enough to load the stock rom from the backup zip folder??? Or should i have made a Nandroid backup which i didnt??? Plz reply

Global Posts
    9,364 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Default Re: Karbonn S5 rooted

Quote Originally Posted by aragorn3593 View Post
    Okay now ive rooted my karbonn S5 a week ago and installed the custom rom S5_kitkat flavour... Now I wish to revert back to my stock rom... How do i do that and also while installing the rom i just made a backup in CWM. so is that enough to load the stock rom from the backup zip folder??? Or should i have made a Nandroid backup which i didnt??? Plz reply
    Welcome to Android Central
    What do you mean when you say you made a backup while flashing the ROM? Usually making the backups in recovery IS the nandroid backup. If you made one before flashing the stock ROM, then you can just restore that and you'll be stock, but still rooted.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

yea thats what i meant i made a back up before flashing the the ROM which is aroung 1.5GB... Havin two .tar files,one is data and other is system.. so if i want o switch back to my previous stock rom i just have to follow the same procedure ie going in to recovery and flashing the system.tar right???

Global Posts
    9,364 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Quote Originally Posted by aragorn3593 View Post
    yea thats what i meant i made a back up before flashing the the ROM which is aroung 1.5GB... Havin two .tar files,one is data and other is system.. so if i want o switch back to my previous stock rom i just have to follow the same procedure ie going in to recovery and flashing the system.tar right???
    You go into recovery and hit restore, where you select the backups you made before.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Cool thern thanx...
    If i hung up ill ask help again

thank you