emoticon help

ticaleb

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
at some point in the last few months my galaxy s4 quit recognizing emoticons as android robots and started recognizing them as iPhone style emojis. I want the robots back. any help?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
at some point in the last few months my galaxy s4 quit recognizing emoticons as android robots and started recognizing them as iPhone style emojis. I want the robots back. any help?

Welcome to Android Central
Have you updated your S4 recently? Emojis are now fully supported on Android, so the only way to go back would be to downgrade. That's not possible if you're phone is on 4.3 or later

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

ticaleb

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central
Have you updated your S4 recently? Emojis are now fully supported on Android, so the only way to go back would be to downgrade. That's not possible if you're phone is on 4.3 or later

I've only taken the mandatory updates. I even tried resetting my phone to factory settings and still had the same issue. I guess the black & white robots are gone for good then?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I've only taken the mandatory updates. I even tried resetting my phone to factory settings and still had the same issue. I guess the black & white robots are gone for good then?

Yeah, those would likely be 4.3 or 4.4.2
Factory resetting doesn't roll back firmware upgrades