Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Post Headphone button has slow response time

So I've recently transferred from iPhone to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and one of the first things that I noticed was the fact that whenever I press the button on my headphones to either change tracks or just pause the song, the time taken for it to do so is at least 5 seconds, once it took 20 seconds just to pause! I've been using spotify to listen to my music by the way.
    Please help because this is really annoying me, especially since I live in a cold area and don't like to get my phone out or take my gloves off.

Default Re: Headphone button has slow response time

Welcome to Android Central! A bunch of these headphones/earphones with remote controls that are specifically designed for iPhones don't always work well with Android. iPhones use a slightly different headphone jack standard. I see a lot of complaints about various Beats headphones not working well with Android devices. If your headphones were designed for iPhones, then you should look for a new pair that specifically states Android compatibility.

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The headphones I use came with the phone, they are Samsung headphones.

How does it work on other music apps, especially the Samsung one or Google Play Music? Maybe it's a problem with Spotify.

Posted via Android Central App

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

It has the same problem with any app I try, including the main music one.
    However it sometimes work normally whilst at other times there's a major delay

Have you tried cleaning the headphone jack? Some debris could potentially be interfering with the contacts. Try rooting around with a damp toothpick, or cleaning the contacts with a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol, or blowing it out with a can of compressed air.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Still getting the same problem

Hey man,

This is a very common and annoying problem with android, not the phone or headset. It occurs across many models, especially samsung, it seems, and I have this issue occuring on my new s4 mini, but strangely it's also started doing it on my old ace, where it didn't before the arrival of my s4 mini. what verified it was android, for me, was that it also occurs without the headphones, ie it happens when the phone is playing music via a standard 3.5mm jack > powered speakers, and the screen locks. Kaboom. Locked headphone buttons, too. Like you, taking up to 20 secs to respond.

I know of no solution at this time, but I'm pretty confident this isn't a hardware issue.

Did you try an app that can control and set the actual click speed? This works wonders for me, also starts my musicplayer when inserting the headphones connector into the phone etc. It is free & supports Lollipop.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ausslabs&hl=sv