Samsung Galaxy Note 2 won't update
I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SPH-L900 that currently has software 4.1.2. I've recently been trying to finally update to 4.3 and it seems my phone is stuck on an old update. It's 28.5MB and it'll show there's an update, I'll download it, it'll say it was successful. I'll then tell it to restart & install, what happens next is it looks like it just does a simply restart. It shuts off, shows the Samsung startup screen, and then I'm back to my homepage. Because of this, I can't update the phone any further. I tried going a Hard Reset (holding vol up, home, then power) and delete data/formating drive and that didn't fix it. I also tried going to the All Applications -> Google Services Framework -> Clear Cache -> Stop Service and what this does it brings up the same page for the 28.5MB download and it does the same thing it's always done.
I've looked on the forums, I've looked through google, I can't seem to find a solution to this (I keep getting 4.3 info, my search parameters are probably not the best) so figured I'd make a post and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 won't update
Do it manually. All you need is your desired 4.3/4.4.2 ROM and Odin 3.0.7.
Originally Posted by Mordecai1331
1) Back up ur phone (kies or just plain drag&drop)
2) do hard reset (Vol Up+Home + Power buttons - then wipe/factory reset [use vol up/down buttons to chose and power for confirmation])
3) Power of your phone
4) Enter Download mode (Vol down+Home+Power button)
5) Unpack your ROM.zip file to desktop
6) Run Odin as admin
7) Tick & Click PDA and chose .tar file (one file extracted from .zip) - see attachment
8) Connect your phone and wait until it ready
9) Hit START button and wait till process finish. It may take up to 5 min.
10) wait till phone reboots and after initial boot do hard reset again.
11) Set up your phone as fresh (I don't recommend use back up except music & photos to avoid issues).