Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Issues with keyboard on Galaxy S3

I just received a replacement for my Galaxy s3 (cracked screen on my first one), and both the old phone and new one are running the same software and both are up to date.

However, I can't figure out how to get the Samsung keyboard to be the same on both phones. All settings are the same. Please see the photos below for screenshots of both phones:

Old phone:
    Issues with keyboard on Galaxy S3-screenshot_2014-03-19-21-59-38.png

New phone:
    Issues with keyboard on Galaxy S3-screenshot_2014-03-19-21-57-17.png

As you can see, the new phone's keyboard doesn't have the small punctuation symbols on the letter keys (like the old phone does). I know this may seem like a bit of a ridiculous thing to have an issue with, but I'm kind of... particular... with the way my phone looks and is set up. That, and I find it to be annoying to have to go to the Symbols section of the keyboard to use any form of punctuation.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Global Posts
    30,560 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Issues with keyboard on Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Greenfield View Post
    I just received a replacement for my Galaxy s3 (cracked screen on my first one), and both the old phone and new one are running the same software and both are up to date.

However, I can't figure out how to get the Samsung keyboard to be the same on both phones. All settings are the same. Please see the photos below for screenshots of both phones:

Old phone:

New phone:

As you can see, the new phone's keyboard doesn't have the small punctuation symbols on the letter keys (like the old phone does). I know this may seem like a bit of a ridiculous thing to have an issue with, but I'm kind of... particular... with the way my phone looks and is set up. That, and I find it to be annoying to have to go to the Symbols section of the keyboard to use any form of punctuation.

Any idea on how to fix this?
    Welcome to the forums.
    Are the settings of the Samsung keyboard the same?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Issues with keyboard on Galaxy S3

They are the same, yes.

Its very weird. I turned on and activated the first phone, and the keyboard was as pictured (with the symbols). I just did the same for the new phone, and the symbols were missing as soon as I turned on the phone to activate it. I'm really at a loss as to why they are different.