Issues with keyboard on Galaxy S3

Rianna Greenfield

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I just received a replacement for my Galaxy s3 (cracked screen on my first one), and both the old phone and new one are running the same software and both are up to date.

However, I can't figure out how to get the Samsung keyboard to be the same on both phones. All settings are the same. Please see the photos below for screenshots of both phones:

Old phone:
Screenshot_2014-03-19-21-59-38.png

New phone:
Screenshot_2014-03-19-21-57-17.png

As you can see, the new phone's keyboard doesn't have the small punctuation symbols on the letter keys (like the old phone does). I know this may seem like a bit of a ridiculous thing to have an issue with, but I'm kind of... particular... with the way my phone looks and is set up. That, and I find it to be annoying to have to go to the Symbols section of the keyboard to use any form of punctuation.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just received a replacement for my Galaxy s3 (cracked screen on my first one), and both the old phone and new one are running the same software and both are up to date.

However, I can't figure out how to get the Samsung keyboard to be the same on both phones. All settings are the same. Please see the photos below for screenshots of both phones:

Old phone:

New phone:

As you can see, the new phone's keyboard doesn't have the small punctuation symbols on the letter keys (like the old phone does). I know this may seem like a bit of a ridiculous thing to have an issue with, but I'm kind of... particular... with the way my phone looks and is set up. That, and I find it to be annoying to have to go to the Symbols section of the keyboard to use any form of punctuation.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Welcome to the forums.
Are the settings of the Samsung keyboard the same?

Rianna Greenfield

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
They are the same, yes.

Its very weird. I turned on and activated the first phone, and the keyboard was as pictured (with the symbols). I just did the same for the new phone, and the symbols were missing as soon as I turned on the phone to activate it. I'm really at a loss as to why they are different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy