Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By patruns
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Error Help

On some of the apps I own, I get a low memory error, which closes whatever app it appears in. It's really annoying, and it prevents me from playing apps for very long. Why does this happen and how can I fix it?

Default Re: Error Help

Welcome to Android Central! Review this guide and see if it helps: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-warnings.html
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I tried what it recommended, but it did not fix the problem. Now what do I do?

What phone and version of Android are you running and what are the names of some of the apps?
    Pat

Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    B. Diddy likes this.

Yes, very important to know the phone model so that we can get an idea of how much internal storage it came with. Some phones have very little internal storage available to the user, so no matter what you do, you might hit that low memory warning frequently.

Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

It's a Lenovo IdeaTab A1000L-F, initially came with 3GB. The main apps I have trouble with are Shadowgun Deadzone and Deadlings (althoug I deleted Deadlings for this reason alone). I once had issues with Cut the Rope Time Travel, but somehow an update fixed it. I don't get the error with Scribblenauts Remix, but if it makes any difference, occasionally it freezes for about 3-4 seconds before going back to my home menu. The only other apps I have problems with are Rail Rush and Sonic Dash, and somehow my tablet cannot install either of them. All apps I currently own are from Google Play (except Rubik's Solver, which was 1Mobile).

3 GB of total internal storage, or storage that is available to the user? The A1000 had issues with really low storage available to the user, that was supposed to be partially helped by an update, as detailed in this article: http://m.androidcentral.com/lenovo-i...ternal-storage. Did you get that update?

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

The 3GB is for app storage, but it has 16GB internal USB. I don't even know where to get that update, but on the other hand, I don't want to have to sacrifice data on the apps I don't have linked to an online server.

It may be that you're really close to the 3 GB limit of your app storage. The 16 GB of Internal Storage probably acts more like an SD card, and can't be used to directly install apps--you can probably only "move to SD," which means transferring a portion of an app there. This is how my old Razr Maxx was partitioned as well. Shadowgun is a pretty big app, so I wouldn't be surprised if you're simply getting short on app storage space.