Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Default Quick Method to Temporarily Disable Lockscreen & Pin #

Hi Guys,

I've looked all over the place but have not been able to find a solution. Searching is a bit difficult because my question is so narrow (yet it brings up tons of other search results).

I just purchased a Note 10.1 for work purposes. I would like to keep the standard 4-digit security pin active when the tablet is left unattended. The problem I'm having is If I'm working at my desk or sitting in a meeting. It's a bit of a pain to have to punch in the security pin every time I want to quickly jot a note down. It's not a huge deal, but it would be nice to be able to quickly disable the lock screen when I know I will be using the tablet.

Is there a quick way to disable the security pin without having to go into settings?

To give you guys an idea of what I'm looking for, I use something similar on my phone while I work out. I just have the slide-to-unlock lock screen on my phone (no security), and I use the widget that comes with "No Lock" from the app store. While I'm working out (phone in arm band), I toggle the No Lock widget and it disables the lock screen. I use this so that I can quickly turn my phone on to skip songs or check messages.....no sliding required. This is a quick & temporary way to disable the lock screen.

I've tried the same app in this scenario but the security pin input is still present. Any ideas?

Thank you!!