My phone has become more or less unusable. Initially, it would display the message "Unfortunately, android.process.acore has stopped" anytime I did something that involved checking contacts - typing a name or number into messaging or gmail, saving a dialed number as a contact, etc. In addition, from time to time the display would glitch - certain characters would fail to display while others would stretch across the screen, leaving large pixelated triangles. On the suggestion of another Android Central user, I attempted to resolve the issue by deleting the data for Contacts and Contacts Storage. As soon as I did, I began to receive constant messages informing me that android.process.acore has stopped. Contacts wouldn't load, no messaging apps would load. Several restarts had no effect. I have performed two factory resets, which have also had no effect.

Could someone please provide assistance? I am running Android 4.1.2 on a LG-LS720. My carrier is Virgin Mobile USA.
    03-25-2014 03:29 PM
    Just cleared the cache partition, to no avail. I'm attempting to upload a screenshot of the text glitch, if my phone will cooperate.
    03-25-2014 03:43 PM
    My phone has become more or less unusable. Initially, it would display the message "Unfortunately, android.process.acore has stopped" anytime I did something that involved checking contacts - typing a name or number into messaging or gmail, saving a dialed number as a contact, etc. In addition, from time to time the display would glitch - certain characters would fail to display while others would stretch across the screen, leaving large pixelated triangles. On the suggestion of another Android Central user, I attempted to resolve the issue by deleting the data for Contacts and Contacts Storage. As soon as I did, I began to receive constant messages informing me that android.process.acore has stopped. Contacts wouldn't load, no messaging apps would load. Several restarts had no effect. I have performed two factory resets, which have also had no effect.

Could someone please provide assistance? I am running Android 4.1.2 on a LG-LS720. My carrier is Virgin Mobile USA.
    03-31-2014 11:21 AM
    ANy luck with this? I am having the same problem... ugghhh!!!
    05-01-2014 03:40 PM
    Mine too. I thought I would try rebooting and now just the LG logo. Nothing else.
    05-24-2014 12:00 PM