About the Miscellaneous in storage

Jillxz

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a Verizon LG G2 . It has 32GB of storage and 2 Gs of Ram. When I go to the Storage setting , I notice on the bar that show the various colors of what is stored. My biggest one is the "Misc. It is so very much more than any thing else. Now I have installed apps and then uninstalled them , is this what the misc. is about ? Apps that have been uninstalled ?. If so , then every time one is uninstalled , this red space will get bigger and bigger it seems. Google has me with over 200 apps installed on my phone . I don't have anywhere that many. They are still counting all the apps I have uninstalled. So when something is uninstalled , it is kept in memory and that doesn't seem right to me. So why do I have so much Misc.(Red) on that bar ?

I have 22 GB free storage out of 32 GB . Memory is showing 678MB , but that does fluctuate . Sometimes it is 789MB Looks like I should have more memory as I don't any videos , and only about 10 photos and less than 200 songs . Can't understand this. Am I good to go ? or is something wrong here ?

Jillxz

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
164 views and there is no one who can tell me what the Misc. means ? Or tell me if the memory on my phone is sufficient ? Am I on ignore ?

Jillxz

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
well thank you. It's a huge area on my phone. Bigger than any of the other shone on that bar in storage settings. Did you see what I posted concerning my memory ? I have 22GB storage out of 32GB and memory is anywhere from 678 MB or more It fluctuates . To me , it looks like the memory should be at the 1GB mark instead. This is what I would like to know . Should the memory be more ?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
The misc. files section will be different for each phone. Mine has the music files I downloaded, OS backups, and some ROM files.

Your RAM used is fine. Mine is usually around 600-800 MB free. It will fluctuate depending on what you've recently done on the phone. Android optimizes RAM usage, so you don't really need to worry about it.

Sent from my LG-G2 running Carbon 4.4.2

Jillxz

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
The misc. files section will be different for each phone. Mine has the music files I downloaded, OS backups, and some ROM files.

Your RAM used is fine. Mine is usually around 600-800 MB free. It will fluctuate depending on what you've recently done on the phone. Android optimizes RAM usage, so you don't really need to worry about it.

Sent from my LG-G2 running Carbon 4.4.2

Thank you so much. It's good to know I don't have to worry about the Ram.