Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default problems with modified device

So my friend took my phone to be "unlocked" so that I could use it with my new provider. Its a galaxy s3 and it came back a lot more sluggish and annoying to use. My main issue with it is that I dont get OS updates for it, some options (such as proximity sensor and call settings) are completely missing, theres my new provider logo splattered everwhere and a full battery doesnt even last one hour, not to mention its not usable while charging.

Can i recover factory settings? And if so will it be locked to a single network again?

Default Re: problems with modified device

Quote Originally Posted by mekrunner View Post
    So my friend took my phone to be "unlocked" so that I could use it with my new provider. Its a galaxy s3 and it came back a lot more sluggish and annoying to use. My main issue with it is that I dont get OS updates for it, some options (such as proximity sensor and call settings) are completely missing, theres my new provider logo splattered everwhere and a full battery doesnt even last one hour, not to mention its not usable while charging.

Can i recover factory settings? And if so will it be locked to a single network again?
    i experienced this with my s3 and all i did was connect it to kies and updated it it shoud go back to normal factory settings mine did hope this helps