Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New charging port, and 4.3. update...now my my phone isn't recognised by my pc? (Galaxy s3)

Hey guys, to cut a long story short here's what happened.

1. My Samsung galaxy s3's charging port wasn't working properly -I couldn't even charge my phone, so I had it fixed.
    2. Even though the port wasn't working properly, my phone could connect to my pc if I taped the charger to the phone (it kept disconnecting but it worked when I really taped it securely)
    3. After updating my phone to 4.3 and having the port replaced very recently, my phone is no longer recognised by my pc. It can charge from it, but that's all it can do.
    Things I've tried:
    usb debugging mode, taking out the battery/sim/sd card and then putting them back in, different usb cables (that both previously worked no problem with my phone), reinstalled drivers, uninstalled drivers, mtp mode...I've never really used Kies, I didn't even have it on my pc, I always drag and drop my music onto my phone.

Extra: This phone is an at&t phone from the USA, my sister bought it while living in California and I have been using it no problem at all in the UK.

Would love some tips on this one

Global Posts
    7,671 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: New charging port, and 4.3. update...now my my phone isn't recognised by my pc? (Galaxy s3)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Lai View Post
    Hey guys, to cut a long story short here's what happened.

1. My Samsung galaxy s3's charging port wasn't working properly -I couldn't even charge my phone, so I had it fixed.
    2. Even though the port wasn't working properly, my phone could connect to my pc if I taped the charger to the phone (it kept disconnecting but it worked when I really taped it securely)
    3. After updating my phone to 4.3 and having the port replaced very recently, my phone is no longer recognised by my pc. It can charge from it, but that's all it can do.
    Things I've tried:
    usb debugging mode, taking out the battery/sim/sd card and then putting them back in, different usb cables (that both previously worked no problem with my phone), reinstalled drivers, uninstalled drivers, mtp mode...I've never really used Kies, I didn't even have it on my pc, I always drag and drop my music onto my phone.

Extra: This phone is an at&t phone from the USA, my sister bought it while living in California and I have been using it no problem at all in the UK.

Would love some tips on this one
    Welcome to Android Central
    Install the latest version of Kies, and then reboot your PC. Drivers might not have helped if you didn't do the latter
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: New charging port, and 4.3. update...now my my phone isn't recognised by my pc? (Galaxy s3)

Tried - no success