Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default My phone charge faster , when phone is shutdown

    My phone is HTC and I use android 4.3 and my device is root . when I shutdown my phone and charge it , my phone charge faster and after 30 min my phone charge 60% , and it charge faster . but when my phone is on and I want charge it take long time and after 30 min , my phone charge only 30% , and it take long time for full charge . I do not have this problem before and my phone lose charge very soon and I do not know why
    Why my phone is shutdown it charge faster ?
    Why my phone is ON it take long time for charge

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: My phone charge faster , when phone is shutdown

    Probably something that is draining your battery. Post your battery stats

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: My phone charge faster , when phone is shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Probably something that is draining your battery. Post your battery stats

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks
    How I post battery stats ?

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  

    Default Re: My phone charge faster , when phone is shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by mfaridi View Post
    Thanks
    How I post battery stats ?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Go to settings - battery and take a screen shot. Then post that picture here

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Go to settings - battery and take a screen shot. Then post that picture here

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks this is my screenshot

    http://i60.tinypic.com/bhxi53.png
    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  

    Default Re: My phone charge faster , when phone is shutdown

    If you are charging with the screen on then it would take longer for sure. The battery stats look okay from a cursory look. What device do you have?

    Also install "gsam" from the play store and post screen shots from that, perhaps it can catch something that is missed here

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: My phone charge faster , when phone is shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    If you are charging with the screen on then it would take longer for sure. The battery stats look okay from a cursory look. What device do you have?

    Also install "gsam" from the play store and post screen shots from that, perhaps it can catch something that is missed here

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    When I charge my phone , screen is off , l install gsam these are screenshots
    http://i57.tinypic.com/11v2jpy.png
    http://i59.tinypic.com/2l9njwm.png

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  

    Default Re: My phone charge faster , when phone is shutdown

    Try to let it run maybe 70% battery and post again. 3% might not be very accurate.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: My phone charge faster , when phone is shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Try to let it run maybe 70% battery and post again. 3% might not be very accurate.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks
    These are new screenshots
    http://i62.tinypic.com/14jrb07.png

    http://i59.tinypic.com/1sh4aq.png

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  

    Default Re: My phone charge faster , when phone is shutdown

    Thanks for the screen shot. Which device do you have?

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: My phone charge faster , when phone is shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Thanks for the screen shot. Which device do you have?

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    I have HTC vivo incredible s

    Posted via Android Central App
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: My phone charge faster , when phone is shutdown

    I need help

    Posted via Android Central App
  13. #13  

    Default Re: My phone charge faster , when phone is shutdown

    You can try to clear cache, and if that doesn't work, do a factory data reset

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  14. #14  

    Default Re: My phone charge faster , when phone is shutdown

    I have little bit better idea than factory reset. Try turn off wifi during charging and/or data.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    You can try to clear cache, and if that doesn't work, do a factory data reset

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks
    What happen if I clear cache do I lose my application and data ?

    Posted via Android Central App
  16. #16  

    Default Re: My phone charge faster , when phone is shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by mfaridi View Post
    Thanks
    What happen if I clear cache do I lose my application and data ?

    Posted via Android Central App
    No, you don't lose anything if you clear cache

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: My phone charge faster , when phone is shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    No, you don't lose anything if you clear cache

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Can I clear cache with app ?
    Or
    I have to clear cache in boot ?

    Posted via Android Central App
  18. #18  

    Default Re: My phone charge faster , when phone is shutdown

    From recovery. Shut off phone completely then hold volume down key while pressing the power button, I believe.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: My phone charge faster , when phone is shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    From recovery. Shut off phone completely then hold volume down key while pressing the power button, I believe.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    I go to recovery and I see option for clear cache partition , do I need clear this partition ?

    Posted via Android Central App
  20. #20  

    Default Re: My phone charge faster , when phone is shutdown

    Yes Clear cache partition

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

    Default Re: My phone charge faster , when phone is shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Yes Clear cache partition

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    I do this last night , but nothing happen and I lose charge fast

    Posted via Android Central App
  22. #22  

    Default Re: My phone charge faster , when phone is shutdown

    At this point your options are to either do a factory data reset or buy a new battery.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  23. #23  

    Default Re: My phone charge faster , when phone is shutdown

    lol,really perfect advice. I suggest you to buy new phone

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-06-2014, 10:36 PM
  2. i510 Droid Charge EMAIL APP???
    By tgbyhnujm in forum Verizon Droid Charge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-05-2014, 12:28 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-02-2014, 12:39 PM
  4. HTC One Not Charging At all
    By DKNight124 in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-01-2014, 10:47 AM
  5. Wireless Charging
    By Bryn Lewis in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2014, 02:58 PM

Posting Permissions