replaced broken screen and now colours don't display correctly - driver issue?

dalmore_pam

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi hope I'm asking this question in the right place.
I have a Star Note N9770 which had a smashed display - daughter knelt on it. The phone still appeared to work, though we couldn't see anything. I bought a "bricked" N9770 on eBay and used the display unit from that (it really was bricked - wouldn't turn on or charge) to replace the smashed unit.
We now have a display and everything appears to work and it charges. Except for the colours on the display - they are very pale/faint/washed out (hard to describe but the full range of colours doesn't appear in the display - just mostly greens and pinks and all a bit grainy). I've tried the brightness and contrast levels, factory reset, hard reset, etc, but it makes no difference.
I'm guessing that this display unit is slightly different from the original, even though all the connections were identical and tbh, it reminds me of a driver issue in a PC. Is this possibly the problem? And is there a solution that anyone might know?
It really was just a project - I like fixing things :) But to get this far and it not be perfect is frustrating.
Our original, smashed phone, from which I got the motherboard was not rooted.
I'd be grateful for any suggestions
:)

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I would personally take it to a phone shop to see what they say because if you have done factory reset that shud have fixed it but yh take it to a phone shop see what they say

Sent from my GT-N7100 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol