Please Help... My Motorola turns on and turns back off!!

aziwolf

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
So at school i was charging my phone on the PC there. All of a sudden my phone turns off. I try to turn it back on and it does turn on. It shows the Motorola logo for a few seconds and turns back off. I went home that day and used by default charger and charged it. It showed the green light. The phone turned on and did the same thing, it shows the Motorola logo for a few seconds and turns back off and if i leave it the process repeats. The green light also flashes a few times. When i press both the volume up and down at the same time, it shows options to either normal powerup, recovery, fastboot, factory and tools. I tried normal powerup, recovery and factory but it would just turn on showing the motorola logo for a few seconds and turn back of.When i unplug the phone and try to turn it on, it wont work. Please help, its not the battery by the way.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So at school i was charging my phone on the PC there. All of a sudden my phone turns off. I try to turn it back on and it does turn on. It shows the Motorola logo for a few seconds and turns back off. I went home that day and used by default charger and charged it. It showed the green light. The phone turned on and did the same thing, it shows the Motorola logo for a few seconds and turns back off and if i leave it the process repeats. The green light also flashes a few times. When i press both the volume up and down at the same time, it shows options to either normal powerup, recovery, fastboot, factory and tools. I tried normal powerup, recovery and factory but it would just turn on showing the motorola logo for a few seconds and turn back of.When i unplug the phone and try to turn it on, it wont work. Please help, its not the battery by the way.

Welcome to the forums.
Try going back into the fastboot screen (the one you were in with all the choices) select recovery. You should get a no command message. Try pressing power and clicking volume up once like you are increasing the volume of your music by one tick. That should get you into recovery. You can then choose between clearing cache or a factory reset. In this case, I would opt for the reset.

aziwolf

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
Try going back into the fastboot screen (the one you were in with all the choices) select recovery. You should get a no command message. Try pressing power and clicking volume up once like you are increasing the volume of your music by one tick. That should get you into recovery. You can then choose between clearing cache or a factory reset. In this case, I would opt for the reset.

I didn't get a no command message. When i went into recovery, it did the same thing by turning on showing the Motorola logo for a few seconds and turns back off

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what else to suggest short of reflashing a stock ROM.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams