Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question What is this?

Hello everyone,

I have a BLU Life One L120 (4.2.1), I've had it for just over a week. SmsReg, a peculiar little nasty, was discovered on my android phone and I cannot get rid of it. AV identifies it and it then points the finger at other apps.

I've reset my phone back to factory 4 times and it's still there. Installed only one app, Kaspersky, and got a hit and it said: "HEUR:Trojan.AndroidOS.Gedma.a" and points to Kaspersky.

In the report on Kaspersky, it lists as an infected file: /system/app/SmsReg.apk/classes.dex

When asked to delete it, it displays SmsReg and the results are always "uninstall unsuccessful". I can disable it, but is it really disabled?

Visited this link (see below), even installed AVG Antivirus Pro and nadda. Didn't see it, didn't remove it. Malwarebytes, Avast, and Bitdefender missed it, but Comodo and Kaspersky pick it up.

I've spent three days now reading, swearing and fighting with this thing and it's kickin' my backside. Anyone got an idea or a beer?

http://www.avgthreatlabs.com/virus-a...ndroid-smsreg/

Thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    31,623 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: What is this?

I found this on XDA: BLU Life One *Official Thread* [Info] [Root] [Roms] - xda-developers

It has a link for a stock ROM. Reflashing it may be the only way to get rid of that virus.
    Lakenheath likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I found this on XDA: BLU Life One *Official Thread* [Info] [Root] [Roms] - xda-developers

It has a link for a stock ROM. Reflashing it may be the only way to get rid of that virus.
    Thank you for the info.
    I was hoping to avoid that, being a new phone and all. Besides, with my luck, I'd brick it. I think I would rather shave an angry tiger than reflash my phone!

Global Posts
    31,623 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Lakenheath View Post
    Thank you for the info.
    I was hoping to avoid that, being a new phone and all. Besides, with my luck, I'd brick it. I think I would rather shave an angry tiger than reflash my phone!
    Understandable. I don't know what else to suggest to remedy the situation though.